Re: [GAdetection] Re: Bouchercon 2002

  • Sam Karnick
    Message 1 of 53 , Feb 6, 2002
      Sounds like an excellent idea.

      Best w's,

      S.T. Karnick

      S. T. Karnick
      Editor in Chief, American Outlook (www.americanoutlook.org)
      Director of Publications, Hudson Institute (www.hudson.org)

      >>> skingsley@... 02/06/02 11:52AM >>>
      Everyone:

      This is just an idea so far. I was thinking that we as a group of GAD
      readers could possibly inspire many more readers to read GAD by being
      present at Bouchercon and have information and suggestions in the form of a
      booth or area--possibly the book room. Guest speakers and panel
      discussions?

      I am not sure how Bouchercon panels and discussion groups are formed--or how
      far in advance, but could we as a GAD group put together something that
      would keep the interest in GAD alive? If there were more interest, then
      possibly the book publishers would have an interest in republishing more
      titles.

      Does House of Stratus show in the book room? Doug, do you have a booth
      there?

      I have attended 2 Bouchercons, but I don't remember areas that were devoted
      to specific generes.

      Am I out in left field here? Or could we get something going? I am
      planning on attending the Bouchercon in Austin, TX this year and could help
      with planning, etc.

      Let me hear your ideas if there is any interest.

      Suzanne

    • Ralph, Adrienne (REA-PtMelb)
      Message 53 of 53 , Mar 3, 2002
        Hi Nick

        I received your Yahoo invitation and have joined the group. Thanks for
        asking me.

        I'm not sure that I can offer to be very active but I am always interested.

        I have read The Crozier Pharaohs - a long time ago - and remember enjoying
        it. It was also a long, if not longer, time ago that I caught the Italian
        Father Brown series. I can't remember any salient details. I didn't record
        any. Very sorry.

        Hope you're enjoying university life.

        With best wishes

        Adrienne