      From: Sandy Kozinn <skozinn@...>
      To: GAdetection@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:55:54 PM
      Subject: Re: [GAdetection] Re: Sayers

      >Clouds of Witness is Sayers doing Doyle

      All the Sayers novels have references to Sherlock Holmes, either
      direct (the name, quotes) or indirect (catch phrases,
      situations). Most, but not all, of the short stories do as well.

      There are, quite literally, hundreds of such references, but then
      Sayers was very fond of the Holmes stories, being among the first to
      comment upon them and to enjoy doing so.

      Sandy