1Julian Symons

  • Richard.A.Liedholm@HealthPartners.com
    Jun 29, 2001
      Hello, everyone! It's a beautiful day here in Minnesota, and lo and behold
      a brand new website! Thank you Jon, for setting it up and all the other
      stuff that you do!

      Just a quick comment about Julian Symons. I don't feel quite so negative
      about his criticism, only because I am of the belief that everyone is
      entitled to their opinion. Just think if he were alive today and
      participating on this website... Whoa, Nellie, the fur would be flying!

      Nick- As much as I like Crofts, I would certainly not place him above Rhode
      or Freeman. I need to go back and see what Symons said about our favorite
      authors, it's been a long while since I've read any of his comments.

      My personal reaction to Symons is primarily focused on his own fiction. Of
      the four books that I've read (and I suppose I need to read more...), I
      found them to be droll, unexciting and over-long. Oh sure, he has
      interesting moments but the books as a whole do not hold my attention. I
      was especially disappointed with THE 31ST OF FEBRUARY. I read nothing but
      praise for this book and it didn't even come close to living up to its
      reputation. If there is anyone that has a favorite Symons that they would
      care to recommend, please response. That's why we're all reading, after
      all.

      Richard
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic