3 wire gaggia v. 2 wire gaggia

  • Keith Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011

      "About the 2-pronged power cord.   I used to be concerned about the lack
      of a ground wire, until I learned how GFCI devices work. These
      machines should **NEVER** be used with a circuit unless a ground fault
      device is present!"

       ANOTHER PROBLEM,??

      SO,  if some poor sap plugs his/her Gaggia into a non-GFI outlet, -- which is
      likely,  and there is internal leakage, and s/he touches the
      grounded metal kitchen sink, with wet hands, -- likely -- and the
      machine at the same time -- likely -- s/he receives a NASTY shock,
      possibly LETHAL.

      Another gaggia owner killed!  NOT good. All because Gaggia elected to
      save about ONE DOLLAR , by not grounding the machine with a
      3rd conductor.

      how the HELL do they get away with this??