California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , Jun 19 10:18 AM
      California Association of Germany an GABA

      Reminder

      Little American Oktoberfest - Independence Day

      Dear Friends of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

      We would like to announce another new tradition in Munich, the Little American Oktoberfest, beginning 4 July through 7 July at the Waldwirtschaft near Pullach. On July 7 we will officially celebrate Independence Day. Tina and Sepp Krätz cordially invite us to this year's festivities and offer the following attractions:

      Linda Jo Rizzo is putting together a musical program together with favorite rock, pop, soul and country songs.

      This year we will have s special beach bar offering a great selection of cocktails.

      We will have many special attractions for kids with trampoline, childrens's playground, train rides, bull riding and MINI Golf.

      A separate grill featuring steaks and American-style hamburgers. The very delicious hamburgers made from Kobe-beef will be offered to us at a special discount price.

      On July 7 the US General Consul, Bill Moeller will be with us and will open up a keg of beer, which will be passed around as free beer with the compliments of the family Krätz.

      Also, on Sunday, 7 July we will have specially-decorated tables reserved for us in the beer garden just behind the band under the awning. Please feel free to invite any of your friends, who may be interested in joining us. Please also let me know if you are attending, and how many there will be in your party by return email. I have to have total numbers, because I have to know how many tables I need to reserve. On Sunday we will begin the festivities around noon and continue with the party all day. After 3pm we will have the keg-opening ceremony.

      So come one, come all for a great day of celebrating and picknicking. The Waldwirtschaft is located in the Georg-Kalb-Str. 3, 82049 München-Pullach. There will be parking facilities, but it would be better to come out per bicycle, or S7-Bahn (exit Isartalbahnhof). From the S-Bahn exit it is about a 10-minute walk to the Waldwirtschaft.

      Let's hope for good weather.

      All the best

      Dave

      MING is comprised of the following groups:

      1.          Amerika Haus Verein

      2.          American Association of University and Professional Women (AAUPW)

              American - German Business Club (AGBC

      C      California Association of Germany (CAOG)

      4.          Columbus Kommunikations-Kreis - Burghardt Burandt

      5.          Democrats Abroad Group (DAG) - Meghan Driscoll

      6.         Deutsch-Amerikanischer Frauenclub (DAFC)

      7.          Deutsch-Amerikanischer Herren Club (DAHC)

      8.         Friends of Linda Jo Rizzo

      9.         German American Business Association (GABA)

      10.      Munich International Women's Club (MIWC)

      11.      Republicans Abroad

      12.       Thunderbird Alumni Group (T-Birds)

      13.

    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.

        Dear Friends,

        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.

        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.

        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.

        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.

        Best regards and see you on Sunday.

        Dorian Dave Dowdy

        Dear Friends,

        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event

                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam

        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.

        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.

        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.

        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.

        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.

        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.

        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.

        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.

        Best regards,

        Dave Dowdy