California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , Apr 27, 2013
      California Association of Germany an GABA

      Dear Friends,

      I just want to thank everyone who came to the Bavarian-American Friendship Day celebration at the Hippodrom last night.  It was a wonderful evening full of good times, good music and good dancing. Everyone enjoyed themselves very much, and I received countless thank you messages from those who participated.

      Many thanks again to Tina and Sepp Krätz for making this great evening possible. I also want to thank Linda Jo Rizzo for the good music.  Everyone was dancing. Last, but not least I also want to thank the US Consul General, Bill Moeller and the members of the US Consulate General for their participation and support.

      Please mark your calenders for another MING event.  On the 7th of July we will be celebrating Independence Day at the Waldwirtschaft in Grossehesselohe. There will be more information following, so get get ready for a day of celebrating, picknicking and beergardening in Munich's best beergarden.

      Special Announcement:

      On Sunday, the  28th of April Ron Williams, the popular singer, songwriter and entertainer in Germany,  is putting on a special 3-hour show at Cirkus Krone, Marsstrasse 43 in Munich.

      SWEET SOUL MUSIC REVUE

      This is a hommage on the top soul stars in the history of soul music. So come on down and listen to the music of Otis Redding, James Brown, The Temptations, Wilson Pickett, Sam & Dave, Gladys Knight, Sam Cooke, The Four Tops, Aretha Franklin, Ike & Tina Turner and Ray Charles, just to mention a few.

      This is a tribute show to 50 years of the soul labels Motown, Stax und Atlantic. If you have always liked good soul music, you will love this show. The concert begins at 8 PM.

      Best regards,

      Dave Dowdy

    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.

        Dear Friends,

        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.

        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.

        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.

        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.

        Best regards and see you on Sunday.

        Dorian Dave Dowdy

        Dear Friends,

        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event

                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam

        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.

        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.

        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.

        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.

        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.

        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.

        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.

        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.

        Best regards,

        Dave Dowdy