AGBC Monthly Meeting - 27 Feb 13 - Guest Speaker Dr Gernot Nerb, ifo Institut

  • lschulzl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013

      Hi,

      Again this month I would like to invite you fellow members of the Munich Chapter of GABA to our 27th February 2013 monthly meeting of the American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC).  Our Guest Speaker will be Dr. Gernot Nerb of the ifo Institut.  He will lead us in a discussion on "Recent Trends in the World Economy."

      Financial impacts and economic developments continue to roil the global economy, and the instability of the Euro is an ever-looming issue. Dr Nerb will update us on the latest current key economic indicators and factors as well as emerging trends identified in the latest “ifo World Economic Survey,” which were just published on Feb 13th. As the leading German economic analysis organization, the ifo Institute is a world leader in the evaluation and interpretation of evolving global and regional economic and financial trends. Its “World Economic Survey” is a linchpin used by economists around the world in projecting future economic developments.
        .
      We regular outline our upcoming events and other AGBC news and Member inputs in our monthly newsletter.  If you are interested in receiving this, please send me an E-mail and I can set you up.  You will then receive an E-mail from our newsletter software, Vertical Response.  Just click on that E-mail to confirm.

      As mentioned in recent AGBC E-mails, our Munich Chapter of the AGBC meets monthly (excluding July, August and December) on the last Wednesday at the Marriott Hotel (Berlinerstr 93 in North Schwabing). Registration starts at 1830 with the meeting commencing at 1900. After announcements on club events and the Guest Speaker’s presentation and ensuing Q&A, we move to a buffet dinner around 2030 and lots of networking opportunities. The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC members and Eur 35 for Guests. These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and two drinks per attendee.

      At the AGBC, attendees are invited to attend up to 2 meetings as Guests. Afterwards we ask that they join the club. Our annual membership fees are modest at Eur 75.00.

      I hope to see you at our meeting next week with Dr. Nerb.

      Best regards,
      Larry

      Larry Schulz
      Member, GABA Munich Chapter
      President, Munich Chapter
      American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC)
      Poschinger Strasse 9
      D-81679 Munich, Germany
      Phone: 0049-89-985-984
      FAX: 0049-89-9810-9488