American German Business Club Events - February

  • lschulzl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hi,

      Again this month I would like to invite you fellow members of the Munich Chapter of GABA to our two February 2013 meetings of the American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC).  I hope to see you at one or both of our February meetings.  Please "catch us if you can."

      1.  AGBC 2013 Kick-Off - February 5th

      On Tuesday, February 5th, we will hold our AGBC 2013 Kick-Off Event at The Big Easy.   Starting at 1900 hours (7 PM), this is a great opportunity for our Members to introduce the AGBC to their friends, colleagues, business partners and members of other Munich Area groups (including the GABA group) in a casual atmosphere.  The focus is on networking - Guests and Members can meet and discuss the many “topics of the day” and areas of mutual interest plus upcoming networking events.

      This is a “pay what you consume” event.  There is no cover charge.  Please sign up in the Events section of our AGBC website:  www.agbc.de

      The Big Easy (website: www.thebigeasy.de, phone 089 15890253) is a New Orleans-accented restaurant that features US/Louisiana dinner specialties.  The restaurant address is Frundsbergstrasse 46 (Ecke Ruffinistrasse), 80634 Munich (Neuhausen).  It is conveniently located near the U-1 Haltestelle at Rotkreuzplatz – exit Volkartsstrasse heading east.  Walk one street to Frundsbergstrasse, then turn left.  The Big Easy is two streets down, on your right.

      2.  AGBC February Monthly Meeting - ifo Institute Update - February 27th

      Our next regular meeting is Wednesday, 27th February starting at 1900 hours at the Marriott Hotel (Berlinerstr 93 in North Schwabing, near U-5 Haltestelle Nordfriedhof).  The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC Members, Eur 35 for Guests.  These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and one drink per attendee.

      Dr. Gernot Nerb of the ifo Institut, Germany's top economic think tank, will lead a discussion on:

      Recent Trends in the World Economy - Focus on the Euro-Area

      As we enter 2013, financial impacts and economic developments continue to roil the global economy, and the instability of the Euro is an ever-looming issue.   At our February 27th monthly meeting, Dr. Gernot Nerb of the ifo Institute for Economic Research (Munich) will update our AGBC Munich Chapter on the current key economic indicators and factors as well as emerging trends identified in the latest “ifo World Economic Survey,” which will be published on Feb 13th.  As the leading German economic analysis organization, the ifo Institute is a world leader in the evaluation and interpretation of evolving global and regional economic and financial trends.  Its “World Economic Survey” is a linchpin used by economists around the world in projecting future economic developments.

      Dr. Gernot Nerb is Senior Economic Advisor at the ifo Institute for Economic Research and teaches at the Hochschule für Politik here in Munich.  He has worked for the institute since 1968, serving as Manager of the ifo Survey Department, Manager of the Economic Situation Department, and Manager of ifo Industry Research team.  In addition, during 1985-87, he served as an advisor to the EU Commission in Brussels, and during 1996-97, he was Senior Economist at the US investment bank Salomon Brothers.  He reports directly to Prof. Dr. Dres. h.c. Hans-Werner Sinn, President of the ifo Institute.    His latest book, written in tandem with Prof. Dr. Sinn during 2011, is the ifo Wirtschafts Kompass (ifo Economic Compass).

      Best regards,
      Larry

      Larry Schulz
      Member, GABA Group, Munich
      President, Munich Chapter
      American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC)
      Poschinger Strasse 9
      D-81679 Munich, Germany
      Phone: 0049-89-985-984
      FAX: 0049-89-9810-9488