California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , Dec 20, 2012
      California Association of Germany an GABA

      Dear  Friends of the California Association of Germany,

      Dear Friends of the Columbus Kommunikationskreis,

      Dear Members of the German-Amereican Business Association (GABA California),

      Inaugural Party

      We want to start the new year off with a bang and cordially invite you to the Bavarian-American "Inaugural Party!.  The long presidential campaign is over, and President Obama is re-elected. Let's celebrate! This is the first notice, and we will continue to update you as we progress.

      When: January 21st, 2013 - Doors open at 4:30

      What: Bavarian Style Dinner, If you have something in Bavarian style in your closet please fell free to wear it.

      Where: Wirtshaus am Bavaria Park, Theresienhoehe 15, 80339 Munich

      Tickets: Seating is limited. Please pre-reserve. Reservations cost 27 EUR until January 14th. At that point prices go up to 32 EUR.

      I ask you to please prepay for your reservation to the following bank account:

      Account holder:          Dorain Dowdy

      Name of Bank:           Commerzbank München

      Bank Identity Code:    700 400 41

      Account Nr:                661506600

      Included in the price is the Bavarian-style meal described below, the technical set-up and TV live coverage and the organization of the event.

      Please title your bank transfer "Inaugural Party" and email address: As soon as the money arrives in my account I will confirm by return email.

      We have two big screens set up with live coverage of the Inauguration celemony from Washington, D.C.

      There will be raffles and pub quizzes (with prizes, of course), and for the first time ever we'll be selling Oktoberfest-style "Herzl" inscribed with "I mog Obama" in icing. The dinner will be served family-style, starting with a large selection of Bavarian appetizers served at 5pm before the inaugural address. Then after President Obama's speech, the main course will be served: Hendl, Ente, Wurstl auf Saurkraut, Serviettenknoedel, Blaukraut, Wirsing, Kaesespaetzle, etc.

      Inauguration Day, January 21st, is also Martin Luther King Day. After President Obama's second inaugural address, the program will include a tribute to Dr. King and the Civil Rights Movement.

      This is going to be a very special event that everyone attending will enjoy. I hope to greet many of you there.

      Best regards,

      Dave Dowdy

      Fast Fact, Inaugural History:  The 20th Amendment to the Constitution, which changed the beginning of a Presidential term from March 4 to January 20, was ratified in 1933, and took effect for President Franklin D. RooseveltÕs second term in 1937. Only six times in the nation's history has the constitutionally-mandated date for a Presidential Inauguration fallen on a Sunday. January 20, 2013 will be the seventh time, and following historical precedent, the public ceremony will be held at the U.S. Capitol on Monday, January 21, 2013. In a tradition that dates back to 1917, the White House will likely arrange a private swearing in before noon on January 20, 2013. (Source:  http://www.inaugural.senate.gov/about/jan-21 )

    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.

        Dear Friends,

        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.

        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.

        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.

        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.

        Best regards and see you on Sunday.

        Dorian Dave Dowdy

        Dear Friends,

        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event

                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam

        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.

        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.

        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.

        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.

        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.

        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.

        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.

        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.

        Best regards,

        Dave Dowdy