Nov 28th - AGBC Monthly Meeting - Guest Speaker US CG Bill Moeller

  • Lschulzl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012
      Hi,

      Again this month I would like to invite you fellow members of the Munich Chapter of GABA to our monthly meeting of the American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC).  As outlined in the text following this E-mail, our Guest Speaker will be the new US Consul General at the US consulate here in Munich - CG Bill Moeller.  Bill will update us at that time on the the current diplomatic, political and economic situation in the US, in the aftermath of the recent election process.

      We regular outline our upcoming events and other AGBC news and Member inputs in our monthly newsletter.  If you are interested in receiving this, please send me an E-mail and I can set you up.  You will then receive an E-mail from our newsletter software, Vertical Response.  Just click on that E-mail to confirm.

      As mentioned last month, our Munich Chapter of the AGBC meets monthly (excluding July, August and December) on the last Wednesday at the Marriott Hotel (Berlinerstr 93 in North Schwabing). Our next and final 2012 monthly meeting is that on Wednesday, 28th November. Registration starts at 1830 with the meeting commencing at 1900. After announcements on club events and the Guest Speaker’s presentation and ensuing Q&A, we move to a buffet dinner and lots of networking opportunities. The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC members and Eur 35 for Guests. These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and two drinks per attendee.
      At the AGBC, attendees are invited to attend up to 2 meetings as Guests. Afterwards we ask that they join the club. Our annual membership fees are modest at Eur 75.00.

      I hope to see you at our meeting in two weeks with CG Bill Moeller.

      Best regards,
      Larry

      Larry Schulz
      Poschinger Strasse 9
      D-81679 Munich, Germany
      Phone: 0049-89-985-984
      FAX: 0049-89-9810-9488
      Cell-Phone: 0049-172-811-3072
      E-mail: lschulzl@... (note: 3 l's in lschulzl)

      Welcome Bill Moeller, the New US Consul General in Munich

      The Current US Economic, Political and Diplomatic Scenes

      Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 18:30 to 23:00

      Location: Marriott Hotel Munich Schwabing, Berliner Straße 93, 80805 München

      Bill Moeller Bill Moeller
      Our November Monthly Meeting will feature Mr. Bill Moeller, the new Consul General at the US Consulate in Munich. He will update us on the current and evolving US economic, political and diplomatic situations.

      Please join us for a great evening with a special presentation and ample opportunities for business networking. Make sure to bring plenty of business cards !

      The price for members (Eur 25) and guests (Eur 35) includes a delicious 3-course buffet dinner and two drinks.  Receipts will be available.

      Online registration is essential and easy: Just use the link below to register
      If you have registered but finally can't attend, please help us by unregistering prior to deadline.

      Here is some background on CG Moeller's extensive career in the US State Department and in the US Foreign Service:

      Foreign Service Career –
      Since 2012 - U.S. Consul General in Munich
      2011-2012 - Director of Central and Northern European Affairs - National Security Staff -Executive Office of the President
      2010-2011 - Foreign policy advisor to Senate Assistant Majority Leader Richard J. Durbin (D-IL)
      2007-2010 - Head of the political-military and external affairs unit - U.S. Embassy Berlin
      2006 – Afghanistan - first as the U.S. State Department representative at the German-led Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) in the northeast province of Kunduz and then as the political advisor at the PRT Office in the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) headquarters in Kabul.
      2002-2005 - Political officer at the U.S. Mission to NATO, lead action officer on Afghanistan issues 2003-2005
      1999-2002 - U.S. Embassy in Reykjavik, Iceland, where he headed both the political and consular sections.
      1996-1998 - Trade and investment officer at the U.S. Embassy in Caracas, Venezuela.
      1993 - U.S. Embassy in Dublin, Ireland 1993 – beginning of Foreign Service career - consular officer and later political officer, covering the Northern Ireland peace process.

      Prior to joining the Foreign Service, Bill was the Senior European Community/European Union analyst in the Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) at the Department of State in Washington, D.C.
      1990 to 1992 - Presidential Management Intern at the Department of State with several rotational assignments, including as political-military officer working on NATO status-of-forces issues at the U.S. Embassy in Bonn.
      1984 – 1988 - Military intelligence officer in the U.S. Army. He was posted most of that time with the 1st Battalion of the 10th Special Forces Group in Bad Tölz, Germany.

      Education - Bachelor’s degree in political science and newspaper journalism, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York (1984) and a Master’s of International Affairs (MIA), Columbia University, New York City (1990).
      He and his wife Nancy have three children.

      Questions: mailto:munich@...
    • Lschulzl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
        Hi,

        I overlooked including one key factor for the meeting.  To assure that we have sufficient seating as well as food and drink, we need to ask that you register for the event.  Please do so by going to www.agbc.de, then to the events tool on the right side of the page.
        1.  In the section for Munich Chapter, click on "Nov 28 - November Meeting."
        2.  If you are not yet set up in the tool, go to "Register."
        3.  There you will register your E-mail address and set up a password.
        4.  Then it will take you to a page where you can sign up for the event by filling in the info requested.

        Also if you would like to receive our monthly AGBC Newsletter, please send we a quick E-mail, and I will set you up.
        Best regards,
        Larry

        Larry Schulz
        President, Munich Chapter

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013

          Hi,

          Again this month I would like to invite you fellow members of the Munich Chapter of GABA to our 27th February 2013 monthly meeting of the American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC).  Our Guest Speaker will be Dr. Gernot Nerb of the ifo Institut.  He will lead us in a discussion on "Recent Trends in the World Economy."

          Financial impacts and economic developments continue to roil the global economy, and the instability of the Euro is an ever-looming issue. Dr Nerb will update us on the latest current key economic indicators and factors as well as emerging trends identified in the latest “ifo World Economic Survey,” which were just published on Feb 13th. As the leading German economic analysis organization, the ifo Institute is a world leader in the evaluation and interpretation of evolving global and regional economic and financial trends. Its “World Economic Survey” is a linchpin used by economists around the world in projecting future economic developments.
            .
          We regular outline our upcoming events and other AGBC news and Member inputs in our monthly newsletter.  If you are interested in receiving this, please send me an E-mail and I can set you up.  You will then receive an E-mail from our newsletter software, Vertical Response.  Just click on that E-mail to confirm.

          As mentioned in recent AGBC E-mails, our Munich Chapter of the AGBC meets monthly (excluding July, August and December) on the last Wednesday at the Marriott Hotel (Berlinerstr 93 in North Schwabing). Registration starts at 1830 with the meeting commencing at 1900. After announcements on club events and the Guest Speaker’s presentation and ensuing Q&A, we move to a buffet dinner around 2030 and lots of networking opportunities. The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC members and Eur 35 for Guests. These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and two drinks per attendee.

          At the AGBC, attendees are invited to attend up to 2 meetings as Guests. Afterwards we ask that they join the club. Our annual membership fees are modest at Eur 75.00.

          I hope to see you at our meeting next week with Dr. Nerb.

          Best regards,
          Larry

          Larry Schulz
          Member, GABA Munich Chapter