California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , May 1, 2012
      California Association of Germany an GABA

      Final Reminder:

      I visited the Hippodrom yesterday and was delighted to hear how the plans for the Bavarian-American Friendship Day have progressed.  Many thanks to Sepp and Tina Krätz and their entire staff at the Hippodrom for the preparations.  We are going to have a good time. Our tables will be in the rows M,N and O about 6 rows away from the band, and easy to find because the tables will be decorated with red, white and blue flags and a free pretzel for everyone.

      We still have places, so if you have received this notification before and know anyone else who may be interested, please pass this email along. I need to pass on final numbers to the Hippodrom.

      As I mentioned before there will be no cover charge to get in.  You pay only for the food and drink you consume.

      Best regards,

      Dave Dowdy

      Bavarian - American Friendship Day

      Dear Friends of the California Association of Germany,

      Dear Friends of the Kolumbus Kommunikationskreis,

      Dear Members of the German-American Business Association (GABA California),

      Dear Members of the German – American Women’s Club e.V.

      Dear Friends of the Munich International School in Starnberg,

      Dear Members of the American-German Business Club e.V.

      Dear Members of the Munich Ski Club e.V.,

      Dear Friends of the Munich Consulate General,

      Dear Members of the Democrats Abroad,

      This year we want to continue the tradition we started last year and celebrate Bavarian-American friendship  at the  Frühlingsfest located on the Theresienwiese .  Again the celebration takes place at the Hippodrom tent, and the  Family Krätz happily takes the opportunity to cordially welcome us to their tent. The celebration will start at 6 p.m. on Friday, the 4th of May.  Please be sure to arrive on time because we cannot reserve the seats after 06:30 p.m., and any seats not taken by then will be lost.  We have 300 seats reserved, but we can have more seats if enough people let me know they plan to attend.  So, I ask you to please let me know by return email if you plan to come and how many of you want to attend. Also please pass this email along to any other friends that may be interested.

      Again, Linda Jo Rizzo will be singing and performing for our listening and dancing pleasure.  Those of you who came last year can remember very well what a wonderful party that was and the fun we had dancing in the aisles! Also, we are expecting a "special guest".  Around 10 p.m. there will be a fireworks display.

      Also I want to announce another special guest,  Ron Williams, the popular singer, actor and entertainer in Germany will celebrate with us as well.

      If you have something in "Bavaria-Look" in your closet, please fell free to wear it.

      We plan to have many groups join the party, and I will keep updating you as the planning process continues.  As a special offer only to our groups the Hippodrom offers us those fabulous hamburgers made from Kobe beef at a special discount. I have never had a better tasting hamburger then these.  The tables will be especially decorated for us with a free round of pretzels for the start.  All other drinks and food will be on a pay-as-you-go basis.

      Best regards,

      Dave Dowdy

      ddd@...

      www.tripled.de

    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.

        Dear Friends,

        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.

        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.

        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.

        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.

        Best regards and see you on Sunday.

        Dorian Dave Dowdy

        Dear Friends,

        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event

                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam

        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.

        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.

        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.

        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.

        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.

        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.

        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.

        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.

        Best regards,

        Dave Dowdy