California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , Oct 20, 2011
      California Association of Germany an GABA

      Dear Friends of the California Association of Germany,
      Dear Members of the German American Business Association (GABA California)

      Unser nächstes Meeting findet am Donnerstag, den 27. Oktober wieder im Westin Grand Hotel statt. Um 19 Uhr treffen wir uns im Restaurant "Paulaners". Für den Abend haben wir den "Stüberl" reserviert. Dave Dowdy war ein Jahr lang abwesend gewesen und wird endlich wieder dabei sein.
      Als Thema des Abends wird Dave Dowdy über seine Zeit in Nordbayern berichten.

      "Ich war bei der Firma Baur Versand GmbH & Co KG in Burgkunstadt beschäftigt. Das Projekt fing im September 2010 an und sollte zunächst nur 3 Monate dauern, wird sich aber bis zum November 2011 erstrecken. Kurz davor startete Baur eine neue Gruppe und ich sollte diese Gruppe als Freiberufler begleiten. Daraus entstanden ist eine komplett neue Abteilung, und ich bin als selbständiger Mitarbeiter Schlag auf Schlag vom Gruppenleiter zur Abteilungsleiter mit Personalverantwortung aufgesteigen. Ich saß in allen Meetings, teilweise mit dem Baur Vorstand zusammen und half ein neues Businesssegment, dass sich "Drittgeschäft" nennt, nachhaltig aufzubauen. Das war sehr viel Arbeit weil Baur in dieser Zeit um mehr als 20% im Umsatz und in Personalstärke gewachsen ist. Meine Abteilung verdoppelte sich in dieser Zeit, tendenz steigend."

      "Ich learnte alle Facetten des Onlinegeschäfts kennen (Onlineshop, Lagerwesen, Distribution und Debitorenmanagement) und habe mit grossen Playern im Onlinebusiness zu tun gehabt. Da ich eine sehr spannende Zeit erlebt habe, möchte ich darüber erzählen."

      NEWS
      Ray Blue is back in town. He will be playing this Friday in Voglers Jazzclub in the Rumfordstrasse 17. If you like good jazz, come and hear this exceptional Saxophone player. It is always a pleasure to hear him play. If you want to reserve places please call 294662

      On Friday the 28th of October Linda Jo Rizzo will be performing, also in Voglers Jazzclub. On this evening she will be singing the Motown hits. Motown is the fabeled label that discovered and produced such stars as Stevie Wonder, Jackson 5, Temptations, Four Tops, Supremes, Diana Ross and many others with their unique sound and some of the greatest Soul classics ever. For seating reservations please call 294662.

      It is good to be back in Munich.

      Best regards,

      Dave

    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.

        Dear Friends,

        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.

        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.

        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.

        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.

        Best regards and see you on Sunday.

        Dorian Dave Dowdy

        Dear Friends,

        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event

                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam

        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.

        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.

        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.

        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.

        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.

        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.

        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.

        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.

        Best regards,

        Dave Dowdy