California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , Oct 16, 2010
      California Association of Germany an GABA

      Dear Friends of the California Association of Germany,

      Dear Friends of the Columbus-Kommunikations-Kreis,

      Dear Members of the German-American Business Association (GABA California)

      Our dear friend Larry Schulz has brought this to my attention, and I am convinced that this film is one of the most important films we will see in a while.  For this reason I want to share this information with you and hope that you will find time to come to the Cinema Filmtheater on 31 October.

      Hop to see you there,

      How We Can Rise to the Climate Change Challenge

      Film:   Die 4. Revolution:  Energy Autonomy – 31. Oct 2010

      Al Gore vividly defined the climate change challenge in his 2006 film The Inconvenient Truth.  In the 2010 film, Die 4. Revolution – Energy Autonomy, a top-notch German film team has convincingly identified how we can meet the challenge with technology available today.  In fact, we already have the technology to switch all of our energy needs over to renewable sources – power sources that would be clean, free of pollution, accessible to everyone and eventually affordable for all.   But this will require a global restructuring of how we produce and consume energy, driving the shift from fossil and nuclear fuels to a sustainable energy platform 100% predicated on renewable energy.

      The team is spearheaded by director Carl-A. Fechner and the late Dr. Hermann Scheer.  As the “Solarpapst” (the solar pope) here in Germany, Dr. Scheer was a true clean technology visionary and one of the primary global authorities on renewable energy, author of the book Energy Autonomy, winner of the Alternative Nobel Prize, and with Herrn Fechner, the driving force behind the 4-year effort to produce this film.  In addition to having been a senior member of the German Bundestag, Dr. Scheer was President of EUROSOLAR and General Chairman of the World Council for Renewable Energy.  His inspiration will be greatly missed.

      In the film, the two introduce us to exemplary projects in 10 different countries (on 5 continents) and to the pioneers behind them.  For example, Germany has one of the world’s most energy-efficient buildings – it produces more energy than it consumes.  Also see how micro-financing combined with renewable energy is being used in Mali and Bangladesh to secure family livelihoods.  And learn how alternative energy concepts are revolutionizing the automotive industry while inspiring new mobility approaches.

      The film will be presented in German (45% of the dialog).  About 45% of the film features interviews in English and 10% in French; these sections are subtitled in German.

      Please join members of the German American Business Association, the American German Business Club and several other Munich-Area groups on Sunday, 31 October for a special viewing of the film.  This is an excellent opportunity to learn about Dr. Scheer’s extraordinary vision and to update ourselves on many current energy issues while stimulating follow-on discussions.

      For further information, The 4th Revolution web-site is:  www.4-revolution.de

      To assure adequate seating, please register with Larry Schulz by not later than Monday, 25 October 2010 – lschulzl@... - please note the 3 l’s in lschulzl.  The cost is Eur 6.50 per person.

      Location:  The Cinema Filmtheater, Nymphenburger Strasse 31, 80335 München – U-Bahn Haltestelle Stiglmaierplatz.

      Time:   1000-1130, Sunday, 31 Oct 2010

    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.
        Dear Friends,
        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.
        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.
        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.
        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.
        Best regards and see you on Sunday.
        Dorian Dave Dowdy
        Dear Friends,
        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)
        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event
                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam
        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.
        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.
        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.
        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.
        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.
        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.
        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.
        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.
        Best regards,
        Dave Dowdy