California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , Jul 1, 2010
      California Association of Germany an GABA

      Dear Friends,

      I am very proud to announce that the Consul General of the United States Consulate in Munich, Conrad Tribble and his family will visit us at the Waldwirtschaft on the 4th of July and celebrate with us.  This is a special honor for us because amoung his many other engagements on this day, he is making a special trip out to Großhesselohe just to be with us. He plans to stay from approx. 12.30 pm to about 2 pm, so if you want to greet and chat with him, please come early.

      Tesla Motors will be present with not just one but two electrically driven sport cars for our viewing pleasure.  Last year Daimler bought into the company and owns about 10% of Tesla.  This year Toyota has also invested heavily in Tesla Motors.  Tesla Motors just recently had a very successful IPO, and in just one day gained a stock value of over 250 million dollars on the New York Stock Exchange and is constantly gaining in value.  Come, see and get informed about the future of driving. Youi don't want to miss this!

      I also want to thank my co-organizer, John Savee and his group "Business and Friends" for helping to get the word out about our celebratrion.

      See you on Sunday.

      Best regard

      Dave Dowdy

      4th July Party (Independence Day) at the Waldwirtschaft

      Big combined party

      The California Association of Germany, the Columbus Kommunikationskreis and the German American Business Association (GABA California) are jointly organizing a big Independence Day celebration at the Waldwirtschaft in Großhesselohe.

      The Waldwirtschaft in Großhesselohe is one of the finest beer gardens that Munich has to offer and has offered us 400 reserved seats and will put up special tents for us in the beer garden in case of bad weather. As you enter the beer garden the reserved tables will be on the far left of the beer garden where we can have a great view of the Isar river.  Just look for the American, Californian and Bavarian flags.

      Good music

      The band playing for the day is Marlis' Swing Connection.
      I have heard them, and they play a large selection of songs from Irving Berlin, Duke Ellington, Cole Porter as well as songs from Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and other jazz greats.
      They also play a large selection of pop songs. Please take a look at their website.

      The location:

      There will be plenty of parking spaces at the Waldwirtschaft,
      but travelling by bicycle is the best way to get there because the Waldwirtshaft is situated right next to the Isar river.

      If you take the S7 S-Bahn the stop is Isartalbahnhof-Großhesselohe.  From there it is about a 15 minute walk.

      There is a children's playground equipped with a trampoline, Schiffsschaukel and mini train.
      There is a small charge for the use.  Also, a minigolf course is available.

      Waldwirtschaft Großhesselohe

      Georg-Kalb-Str. 3

      82049 Großhesselohe bei München

      Party starts at lunch time.

      We will start around noon and continue to party for as long as we like or until the beer garden closes.
      We hope that many of you will take up our offer and enjoy a truly wonderful afternoon in Munich's finest beer garden.
      Everyone is invited

      We will all have a good time.

      Please let us know by return email to ddd@... that you intend to come and how many persons are in your group.
      That way we can make sure to have enough seats reserved.

      Yours truly,

      Dorian Dave Dowdy        Burghardt Burandt            Erik Gräfenschnell

      0172-8538874

      www.tripled.de

    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.

        Dear Friends,

        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.

        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.

        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.

        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.

        Best regards and see you on Sunday.

        Dorian Dave Dowdy

        Dear Friends,

        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event

                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam

        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.

        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.

        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.

        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.

        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.

        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.

        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.

        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.

        Best regards,

        Dave Dowdy