GABA-Treffen München - 12. Okober

  • Joerg Sperling
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2009
      Hallo GABA-Munich,

      nach langer Pause wollen wir den monatlichen Turnus wieder aufnehmen.

      Das nächste Treffen ist am 12. Oktober um 18 Uhr wieder hier:

      Augustiner am Dom
      2. Stock
      Frauenplatz 8
      80331 München
      Tel +49 89 2323 8480
      http://www.augustineramdom.de

      Wir suchen noch Redner bzw. Programm. Wer Ideen hat möge sich bitte bei mir melden.

      best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen,

      Jörg "George" Sperling
      Partner
      WHEB Ventures
      Pioneers in European Clean Technology
      Maximilianstraße 36
      80539 München (Munich)
      Tel: +49 (89) 552793410
      Fax: +49 (89) 9218 5151
      Mob: +49 173 595 0938
      E-Mail: joerg@...
      www.whebventures.com
    • Joerg Sperling
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2009

        We have now also a speaker/topic for our meeting.

        Topic of the speech: In Transition:   An Overview of the Changing Video Entertainment Landscape in the USA

        How will video entertainment be consumed in the home of the future?  Is the premium video content industry headed in the same direction as audio, where Apple’s iTunes has now established itself in the USA as the recording industry’s primary commerce vehicle?    Will the DVD’s successor, the high-definition Blu-ray disc, be widely adopted by consumers?   Will an Internet-connected unifying media server emerge?   Learn more about the marketing hype and business realities as video entertainment options in the home are expanding faster than ever before.

        Speaker: Steffen Bartschat is GABA Silicon Valley chapter’s Software IG co-chair, and also the SVP Engineering at Sonic Solutions, where he focuses on delivering DVD and BluRay playback and recording solutions for Fortune 50 customers in home and automobile industries located in Europe, US, and Asia.  Steffen has extensive experience in the US consumer software market, having held positions at IBM, Electronic Arts, and Broderbund prior to joining Sonic.

        Location and Time: October 12, 18.00 here:

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2009

            Thanks to all of you who came yesterday. Very good turn out and excellent speech.

            We have no speaker for the next event yet but date and location is fixed:

            Location and Time: November 17, 18.00 here:

            Augustiner am Dom

            2. Stock

            Frauenplatz 8

            80331 München

            Tel +49 89 2323 8480

            http://www.augustineramdom.de

            See you then!

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 19, 2009

              So we now also have secured a speaker for the November 17 event:

              Speaker: Dr. Andreas Splittgerber, a lawyer with Baker & McKenzie

              Topic: Data Protection and Privacy Laws and how it relates to all of us as individual consumers plus to businesses.

              This shall be interesting and I am looking forward to having Andreas educate us plus to see as many of you as possible.