California Association of Germany an GABA

  • Dorian Dowdy
    Message 1 of 168 , Jan 7, 2009
      Dear Members,
      Dear Guests,
      Dear Members of the GABA,

      I have been approached by Margit Gruber from Brain-Place to hold a speech
      about the new President, Barack Obama and talk about the possibilities we
      may expect from his presidency and its significance for America, Germany
      and Europe. It will be a discussion evening, and I hope to receive many
      questions and comments from the audience.

      The event is called "OBAMAbend" Change! Yes, we can! The event will be held
      on 23 January in the Bar-Bistro ROY am Sendlinger Tor, Herzog-Wilhelm-Str.
      30, 80331 München, Tel: 089-592596
      Doors open at 7 p.m.

      The speech will be held in German language. To find out more please visit
      the website listed below.

      http://www.brain-place.com/newsletter/Dezember2008/index.html

      If you plan to attend please let me know per return email, and I will have
      your name placed on the guest list.

      Kind regards,

      D. Dowdy

      One more reminder for the Munich Inaugural Ball:

      Munich Inaugural Ball

      January 20, 2009

      Munich, Germany

      Come celebrate the Inauguration of the 44th President of the United States,
      Barack Obama, as he takes the oath of office at 6pm CET. The Munich
      Inaugural Ball 2009 is hosted by the California Association of Germany and
      the Munich International Ski Club. Special guests are the Chairs of the
      Republicans Abroad and Democrats Abroad in Munich. The US Consul General,
      Eric G. Nelson will also attend. Already we have been approached by news
      agencies and the press with requests to cover this ball.

      Yes, we come together in the spirit of true bipartisanship and this
      promises to be the biggest party that Washington D.C. has ever seen with
      approx. 5 million visitors. Here is your opportunity to join in the
      celebrations planned to usher in President Obama to the White House.

      Location: Arabella Sheraton Grand Hotel Ballroom, Arabellastr. 6 (U-Bahn 4)

      Time: Doors open at 16:30 Uhr, live showing of the swearing in and
      Inaugural speech at 18:00 Uhr. Followed by dinner and then dancing until
      midnight.

      Who: Everyone is welcome, ADVANCE REGISTRATION is required. All
      registrations must be sent to MunichInauguralBall2009@.... You will
      receive a confirmation email with further information.

      We can accommodate 600 people and registrations will be handled on a first-
      come, first serve basis. Please be quick because we have already received
      many pre-registrations. Once payment has been received, your confirmation
      email will serve as your entrance ticket to the event.

      Price: 75 Euro per person. This includes a welcome drink, live showing of
      the Inaugural ceremony, Gala dinner and dancing.

      Preferred Attire:

      Tuxedo or dark suit
      Dress military uniform
      Ausgehtracht

      Hope to greet you there.

      Dorian Dave Dowdy
      President, California Association of Germany
      Managing Director, TripleD GmbH
      0172-8538874
    • Dorian Dowdy
      Message 168 of 168 , May 21, 2014
        California Association of Germany an GABA
        Reminder: If you have already notified us that you coming, you may disregard this email.

        Dear Friends,

        The weather in Munch has finally turned around. I just got finished talking to the big guy upstairs, and he said he will see what he can do for Sunday. We therefore, have every reason to believe that we will have nice weather for Sunday and will be able to party in the garden.

        The Munich Cowboys American Football Team will be represented with several members of their team and Cheerleaders. Also, they will sponsor a game where our guests will be able to test their American football throwing skills. For the kids we will have face painting and a clown to keep them busy.

        The very popular American singer and entertainer Ron Williams will join us as well. Things are really looking good for a wonderful afternoon of music, dancing, good conversation and good times.

        If you were undecided until today, now is the time to drop me an email, and let me know that you are coming. Also, please tell your friiends about the party as well and have them notify me if they want to join us on Sunday.

        Best regards and see you on Sunday.

        Dorian Dave Dowdy

        Dear Friends,

        Dear Members of MING (Munich International Networking Groups)

        Linda Jo Rizzo and Dave Dowdy in cooperation with the Amerikahaus at Karolinenplatz 3 in Munich cordially invite you to the family event

                                                                   Amerikahaus Jam

        to be held on Sunday, 25 May from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. If we have nice weather, the party will be held outside in the garden.  If not, inside the Amerikahaus. Here is another opportunity to get to know and mingle with other Bavarian, American and international groups in Munich.

        We will have up to 18 musicians on stage performing a wide variety of American music from jazz, pop, soul and blues to country music. I personally know most of them. They have been around a long time in Munich and belong to the best in the business. Get ready for some great music, fun times and good dancing.

        We will also have a good selection of food and drinks that will be sold at moderate prices.

        Entrance fees will be 10 Euros for adults and 5 Euros for kids (Kids 6 and younger have free entrance), which goes toward paying the musicians and the Amerikahaus party organization.

        You do not have to reserve places, everybody is invited.  We will have enough space to accomodate all. We ask you however to please let us know per return email if you want to join us and how many people in your party will be attending.  We need numbers so that we can plan the amount of food and drinks.

        Please plan to come per public transportaton or per bicycle.  There are not many free parking spaces in the vicinity.

        For more details please take a look at the attached flyer.

        The Bavarian-American Friendship Day party we had last night was a tremendous success. If you liked that party at the Hippodrom, Frühlingsfest, you will love this one.

        Best regards,

        Dave Dowdy