- Hi there, I received those job openings from a friend, Eric Krock. The company Kontiki is located in Sunnyvale, CA. Have a good time! Chris ... Subject: jobMessage 1 of 1 , May 31, 2006View SourceHi there,
I received those job openings from a friend, Eric Krock. The company "Kontiki" is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
Have a good time!
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: job openings at VeriSign Kontiki: Sr. Product Manager, SW Engineer, Sr. Sales Engineer, Project Manager, Pro Serve Tech Lead, QA Engineer Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:15:18 -0700 From: Eric Krock <eric@...> To: Eric Krock <eric@...>
VeriSign acquired Kontiki for $62M in March. With the resources of a large company behind us, VeriSign Broadband Content Services (which includes Kontiki) is now hiring to capitalize on the rapid growth in rich media content delivery. I have an opening for a Senior Product Manager for consumer media services on my own team; this is a great career move for someone who wants significant product management responsibility on a key product at a major company in a rapidly growing market. We also have openings for a software engineer, sales engineer, project manager, ProServe technical lead, and a QA Engineer. Job descriptions below. If you know anyone who might be interested, please forward this email and/or have them email me their resume. Principals only. Thanks!
Director of Product Management for Broadband Content Services, VeriSign Inc.
(W) 408 730 3083
Senior Product Manager – Consumer Media Services
The Kontiki Delivery Management System is the leading solution for secure, efficient
delivery of digital media such as video, documents, and software files. Kontiki DMS is
used by leading media companies such as AOL, BBC, and SkyTV for fast, user-friendly,
reliable delivery of DVD-quality video over the Internet to consumers and by leading
enterprises such as Ernst & Young, Nextel, and VeriSign for sales, marketing, corporate
communications, and training. Kontiki has an opening for an experienced Senior Product
Manager to help lead the evolution of Kontiki DMS with a focus on major consumer
Product Management is responsible for successfully defining and bringing to market new
services and software targeted at media and enterprise customers. Specific
* Develop the strategy and roadmap for media and enterprise products and services.
* Understand the industry landscape including potential partners and competitors in
order to drive product strategy and positioning.
* Work closely with media and enterprise customers to gather product requirements
and communicate product roadmaps.
* Perform product research including market, technical, and competitive analysis.
* Work closely with engineering and other teams to translate customer requirements
into concise and clear product requirements and schedules.
* Ensure that new products and services drive revenue according to company plan.
* Communicate key product and service messages (e.g. positioning, value proposition,
features / benefits) to customers, sales force, and other internal employees.
This position requires the following skills:
* 5+ years in software product management and product development and 10 total
years of relevant business experience including product management, development,
and/or marketing. Primary experience should be in shipping winning software or
managed services for media or enterprise customers that has successfully met revenue
and margin goals.
* Strong experience working directly with Fortune 500 CIOs and general managers.
* Strong experience leading across functional groups to ship software on schedule.
Able to work effectively with a diverse team and gain the respect of team members.
Must be able to effectively lead, motivate, and manage people in different groups
across the company, even when they do not directly report to you.
* Thorough understanding of digital media and the enterprise software market. Good
understanding of key technologies such as internet/networking infrastructure and
security. Deep technical knowledge necessary to understand complex product issues
that will affect the success of the product.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must excel at presenting
technical and product information to customers and internal teams and at writing clear
& concise documents such as MRD/PRDs and technical white papers.
* Technical background with a BS in engineering/computer science or direct
experience as an engineer.
The ideal candidate will have some of the following skills and experiences as well:
* Understanding of the needs of major consumer media companies in digital content
initiatives. Good understanding of key technologies such as digital rights
management, online advertising, billing, payment, internet/networking infrastructure
* Experience with any of the following:
* Content Management Systems
* Hardware- or software-based caching or Content Delivery Networks
* Reporting, tracking, and analysis of user activity for high-volume web sites
* Online advertising and targeting systems
* Other enterprise software
Sr. Sales Engineer - Consumer Entertainment Media
* Work closely with account executives to present and sell the VeriSign Broadband
Content Services Group management and delivery solutions.
* Understand the customer's internet media delivery goals (TV, Movies, etc.) and describe
how the VeriSign solution will fit.
* Create technical proposals for customers and prospects which present the VeriSign
solution and its benefits.
* Assist customers in pilots, beta testing, and deployments. Involve additional engineering
resources where necessary for custom development needs.
* Effectively communicate product requirements from the field back into engineering.
* Develop customer centric solutions based on the existing environment and specific needs
of the customer.
* 30%-50% Travel
* Strong focus on generating revenue and high customer satisfaction.
* Exceptional time management and organization, and the ability to manage a predefined
project or process requiring the participation and assistance of individuals from multiple
* Confident and energetic; professional and team-oriented sales approach
* Excellent presentation skills, and written and oral communications ability
* Excellent listening skills. The ability to understand the business needs of
prospects/customers and to explain how our solution can meet their needs.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
* 5+ years of Sales Engineering and/or System Engineering
* Understanding of enterprise, internet and web technologies (Wide Area Networking, Web
servers, Databases, HTML, Software Deployment best practices, etc.)
* Video Technology experience - MPEG Compression, Codecs, Digital Rights
Management, Content Management Systems, streaming protocols
* Expertise with Windows, Linux, and UNIX environments
* Understanding of internet security technologies (Digital certificates, SSL, etc.)
* Understanding of CDNs, caching solutions, network protocols.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
Professional Services Project Manager
We are looking for a sales pro who has knowledge of focused business areas
and applies industry best practice principles. In this position, you will
provide ongoing consulting services to both new and established customers,
ensuring continuing business and optimal use of the system. The
Professional Services Project Manager plays a key role in successful
management of the customer relationship and in generating continuing
* Supports and plays a major role in all aspects of Professional Services
engagement from pre-scoping and project scope definition through
requirements analysis, gap analysis, functional and technical design,
application build, product configuration, unit testing, and deployment.
* Applies expert business analysis and business process to customer needs.
* Provides business process design guidance, and contributes to system
architecture decisions in support of product implementation efforts. Presents
results to customer staff.
* Provides expert functional expertise in the diagnosis and resolution
including the determination and provision of workaround solutions.
* Effects skills transfer to customer staff and provides post-deployment
support at the application level. Identifies training needs to client staff as
* Assists the Sales and Marketing team in new opportunity development by
providing expert advice, operational walkthroughs, and proposal
development where required.
* Contributes quality assurance by participating in project and design
* Develops new insights into situations and applies creative and innovative
solutions to make process improvements and satisfy desired results.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* 8-10 years experience in Professional Services and Software Developments
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
* Understanding of IT Standards and Protocols.
* There will be some travel with this position.
Professional Services Technical Lead Engineer
VeriSign's Kontiki Delivery Management System is the leading solution for secure,
efficient delivery of digital media such as video, documents, and software files.
Kontiki DMS is used by leading enterprises organizations such as Ernst & Young, GM
and Coke for sales, marketing, corporate communications, training, and by leading
media companies such as AOL and BBC for fast, user-friendly, reliable delivery of
DVD-quality video over the Internet to consumers.
The Professional Services Technical Lead Engineer is responsible for working with
Kontiki's professional services team and Kontiki customers to design custom client
implementations or write code to interface with the various APIs (webservices, user
authentication, client) used by Kontiki's distributed networking technology
(Linux/Windows) and media client (Windows). The media client provides a front-end
to the user and includes design/development of GUI components for the Windows
platform and COM/ActiveX programming. In this position, the candidate must work
with customers to understand the requirements of their custom applications and
assist the clients to design a solution application for their business needs. The
successful candidate will insure that appropriate specifications and documentation
are written so the customizations can be supported in future release. Furthermore,
the professional services technical lead will work with Kontiki product and
engineering management to provide feedback on features that should get rolled back
into the core Kontiki product.
Experience and education:
* Seven or more years of industry experience in developing, shipping, and
supporting commercial software written in HTML/JS/Java and C++/COM.
* Knowledge of development and debugging tools like VC++/VC .Net, CVS.
* Experience with COM and ActiveX controls is a must.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
* Comfortable presenting technical issues one on one, to small groups or large
* Experience with Linux operating systems is a plus.
* Networking knowledge, including TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, FTP, and HTTP is a plus.
* Proven ability to work as part of a team of engineers.
* Must posses a 'customer support' attitude containing skills such as being
responsive to customer requirements and the ability to work independently.
Quality Assurance Engineer III
This position requires solid experience in Network protocols testing, web applications and
This candidate must be experienced with setting up lab network, Firewalls, Nat and able to test
Kontiki software with different network products. Also familiar with Linux and Windows
operating systems and should be able to build their own server systems for testing.
* 5+ years of software QA experience in Network products testing and client-server applications
on windows and Linux/Unix
* Testing experience of TCP/UDP based network protocols: Setting up customer networks for
testing, Firewall, VPN, NAT and proxy etc..
* Experience in Server testing'Installation and configuration for servers and performing
functional, load & performance testing
* Experience in Database testing-- experience with SQL queries is very helpful.
* Must be familiar with QA processes and methodology.
* Expertise in writing test plans and test cases from requirements.
* Testing experience of GUI.
* Must be able to handle multi tasks and work in high pressure environment.
* Must be proactive, and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Must have excellent communication skills and must be team player.
* Some automation experience.
* Experience in handling Customer/Field escalations
* Must have degree in computer science or computer engineering.
Good to have:
* Able to check the code and write the test cases.
* Experience in writing test scripts using any one of these scripting languages: Python, Perl, Shell
-- Please refer to my homepage for contact information: http://www.inweb.de/chetan/