989AGBC Monthly Meeting - 25th September

  • lschulzl
    Sep 20, 2013

      Hi,

      AGBC Monthly Meeting

      The Munich Chapter of the American German Business Club (AGBC) is hosting our next monthly meeting on Wednesday, 25th September at the Marriott Hotel, Berlinerstr 93 in north Schwabing.

      Again this month I would like to invite you as fellow members of the Munich Chapter of GABA to this meeting.  Our Guest Speaker will be Dr. Ulrike Reisach, Professor at the Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences, Bavaria/Germany.  Ulrike will enlighten us on the American-German differences in the treatment and communication of knowledge.

      The types of knowledge that are considered to be relevant for an organization can be quite diverse in different business cultures – even if they seem as close as the German and American one. They depend on convictions about what makes a good employee, expert, manager and leader. Additionally, they depend on motivational and interactional processes between the persons involved and their respective professional and cultural backgrounds, acquired through socialization and long-term practice. Knowledge Management and Transfer therefore have to be designed in a culturally sensitive way to make sure that knowledge which is crucial for a company is effectively preserved. Based on her management experience, Ulrike will show how you can make sure that expert knowledge is successfully identified and passed on.

      Ulrike is an expert on communication and management strategies for leading international companies. For 20 years, she has been responsible for corporate communications and international strategy development in banking and industry, last as Director of Siemens Corporate Communication and Government Affairs. She has published 10 books on international management and communication as well as corporate culture and HR management.

      If you are interested in joining us for any of our AGBC meetings, please be sure to register in the Events tool at www.agbc.deThis appears in the Munich Chapter section on the right side. The first time you use the tool, you will need to Register (i.e. your E-mail address and set up a password), then Login to sign up for the event. Should you have an emerging timing conflict, you can easily remove your sign up as explained in the tool. Signups are very important for our planning purposes.

      We regularly outline our upcoming events and other AGBC news and Member inputs in our monthly newsletter.  If you are interested in receiving this, please send me an E-mail and I can set you up on the distribution list.  You will then receive an E-mail from our newsletter software, Vertical Response.  Just click on that E-mail to confirm.

      As mentioned in recent AGBC E-mails, our Munich Chapter of the AGBC meets monthly (excluding July, August and December) on the last Wednesday at the Marriott Hotel (Berlinerstr 93 in North Schwabing). Registration starts at 1830 with the meeting commencing at 1900. After announcements on club events and the Guest Speaker’s presentation and ensuing Q&A, we move to a buffet dinner around 2030 and lots of networking opportunities. The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC members and Eur 35 for Guests. These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and two drinks per attendee.  At the AGBC, attendees are invited to attend up to 2 meetings as Guests. Afterwards we ask that they join the club. Our annual membership fees are modest at Eur 75.00.

      I look forward to catching up with you at an upcoming GABA event or an AGBC event.

      Also if anyone is interested in Munich Network's 7th Munich Cleantech Conference on Tuesday, 22 Oct, please get in touch with me at lschulzl@....  Please save the date.

      Best regards,
      Larry

      Larry Schulz
      Member, GABA Munich Chapter
      President, Munich Chapter
      American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC)
      Poschinger Strasse 9
      D-81679 Munich, Germany
      Phone: 0049-89-985-984
      FAX: 0049-89-9810-9488