978AGBC Monthly Meeting - 26th June

  • lschulzl
    Jun 23, 2013

      Hi,

      AGBC Monthly Meeting

      The Munich Chapter of the American German Business Club (AGBC) is hosting our next monthly meeting on Wednesday, 26th June at the Marriott Hotel, Berlinerstr 93 in north Schwabing.

      Again this month I would like to invite you as fellow members of the Munich Chapter of GABA to this meeting.  Our Guest Speaker will be Sascha Liebhardt, Dean of the European University here in Munich.  Sascha will speak on Entrepreneurialism, a hot topic, one of ever-increasing importance today.

      The extinction of middle management, disintermediation, and market bifurcation - all are developments in the 21st century business world and all are here to stay (regardless of how hard you push back). And if you want to survive in the business world, all are developments that force you to think more entrepreneurially. But what happens if you are not a born entrepreneur? What happens if you are anxious about being 'more of an entrepreneur'? In his presentation, Sascha Liebhardt will analyze the concept of entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial thinking and what approaches can be taken to overcome your hesitation and drive you to be 'more of an entrepreneur.'

      Sascha Liebhardt thinks of himself as a first generation European – born 1970 in Germany and raised in Germany, Italy, the UK and Austria. His interest in the maintenance of world peace led him to study “International Relations” (MA), and his understanding that peace needs a healthy economy led him on to study business administration with a specialization in “Marketing” (MA). Parallel to his studies Mr. Liebhardt started his first “small business” consulting company in 1995. Since finishing his studies, he has held senior management responsibilities in several industries (e.g. Advertising and Media, Automotive, Pharmaceutical). Mr. Liebhardt has been teaching at university level since 2000, and since 2008 he serves as Dean of the European University, Munich Campus. His main areas of interest are Strategic Marketing, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship and Family Business Management. Mr. Liebhardt also consults family businesses.

      If you are interested in joining us for any of our meetings, please be sure to register in the Events tool at www.agbc.deThis appears in the Munich Chapter section on the right side. The first time you use the tool, you will need to Register (i.e. your E-mail address and set up a password), then Login to sign up for the event. Should you have an emerging timing conflict, you can easily remove your sign up as explained in the tool. Signups are very important for our planning purposes.

      We regularly outline our upcoming events and other AGBC news and Member inputs in our monthly newsletter.  If you are interested in receiving this, please send me an E-mail and I can set you up on the distribution list.  You will then receive an E-mail from our newsletter software, Vertical Response.  Just click on that E-mail to confirm.

      As mentioned in recent AGBC E-mails, our Munich Chapter of the AGBC meets monthly (excluding July, August and December) on the last Wednesday at the Marriott Hotel (Berlinerstr 93 in North Schwabing). Registration starts at 1830 with the meeting commencing at 1900. After announcements on club events and the Guest Speaker’s presentation and ensuing Q&A, we move to a buffet dinner around 2030 and lots of networking opportunities. The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC members and Eur 35 for Guests. These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and two drinks per attendee.  At the AGBC, attendees are invited to attend up to 2 meetings as Guests. Afterwards we ask that they join the club. Our annual membership fees are modest at Eur 75.00.

      I look forward to catch up with you at an upcoming GABA event, an AGBC event or at the MING 7th of July get-together to celebrate US independence Day on Sunday, 7th July at the Grosshesselohe Biergarten in Solln/Pullach.  We start at noon and run throughout the afternoon.  Dave Dowdy is managing this event and has already sent you the details several weeks ago.

      Also if anyone is interested in Munich Network's 7th Munich Cleantech Conference on Tuesday, 22 Oct, please get in touch with me.  Please save the date.  Full details are being organized.

      Best regards,
      Larry

      Larry Schulz
      Member, GABA Munich Chapter
      President, Munich Chapter
      American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC)
      Poschinger Strasse 9
      D-81679 Munich, Germany
      Phone: 0049-89-985-984
      FAX: 0049-89-9810-9488