966AGBC Monthly Meeting - 24th April and Bavarian-American Friendship Day - 26th April

  • lschulzl
    Apr 7, 2013
      Hi,

      AGBC Monthly Meeting

      The Munich Chapter of the American German Business Club (AGBC) is hosting our next monthly meeting on Wednesday, 24th April the Marriott Hotel, Berlinerstr 93 in north Schwabing.

      Again this month I would like to invite you as fellow members of the Munich Chapter of GABA to this meeting.  Our Guest Speaker will be David Gates, managing director of Gates and Company (a financial support advisory entreprise), Wilmington, Delaware.  David will highlight current trends and market opportunities in the United States, with an emphasis on the use of partnerships, acquisitions, and access to U.S. capital sources to leverage growth opportunities.

      With our increasingly connected world, new insights are steadily evolving on how to boost overseas market penetration. Opportunities for German companies in the United States are constantly changing as new technologies, regulations, and business dynamics evolve. These changes are affecting several markets, including Chemicals/Materials, Software, Cleantech and Healthcare. Options for German companies to expand sales in the United States include far more than just hiring a sales representative. Several firms have been successful when evaluating some combination of the "Make versus Buy versus Partner" business models.

      David Gates will highlight specific opportunities in the Washington D.C. to Boston region. After starting his career with DuPont, he has gained many years of experience in senior management, strategic/tactical planning, operations, and business development in entrepreneurial and corporate environments.David has spearheaded early-stage operations and turned around organizations facing significant competitive and financial challenges.In addition, David is an occasional guest lecturer at the MBA programs of Drexel University, Temple University, the University of Delaware, and The Wharton School; Co-founder of Diamond State Ventures (now Mid-Atlantic Diamond Ventures); Board member for First State Innovations; and Chairman of the Technology Forum of Delaware.

      If you are interested in joining us for any of our meetings, please be sure to register in the Events tool atwww.agbc.deThis appears in the Munich Chapter section on the right side. The first time you use the tool, you will need to Register (i.e. your E-mail address and set up a password), then Login to sign up for the event. Should you have an emerging timing conflict, you can easily remove your sign up as explained in the tool. Signups are very important for our planning purposes.

      We regularly outline our upcoming events and other AGBC news and Member inputs in our monthly newsletter.  If you are interested in receiving this, please send me an E-mail and I can set you up.  You will then receive an E-mail from our newsletter software, Vertical Response.  Just click on that E-mail to confirm.

      As mentioned in recent AGBC E-mails, our Munich Chapter of the AGBC meets monthly (excluding July, August and December) on the last Wednesday at the Marriott Hotel (Berlinerstr 93 in North Schwabing). Registration starts at 1830 with the meeting commencing at 1900. After announcements on club events and the Guest Speaker’s presentation and ensuing Q&A, we move to a buffet dinner around 2030 and lots of networking opportunities. The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC members and Eur 35 for Guests. These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and two drinks per attendee.  At the AGBC, attendees are invited to attend up to 2 meetings as Guests. Afterwards we ask that they join the club. Our annual membership fees are modest at Eur 75.00.

      Munich International Networking Group (MING)

      To synergistically harness the strengths of 12 of our Munich international networking organizations, we have set up a new communications umbrella called the MING.  The Munich Chapters of the GABA and AGBC are key participants.  We are joining for events of mutual interest and in addressing topics of common or community interest. Also with this new organization, members in each group can now more easily reach-out and network with members in the other groups within our new MING organization, thus expanding contact bases and broadening communications channels.

      Bavarian-American Friendship Day

      The MING is staging its second 2013 joint event on Friday, April 26th when we will join to celebrate Bavarian-American Friendship Day during Munich's Frühlingsfest at the Theresienwiese at the Hippodrom Tent. This year's celebration which is now in its third year - a new tradition in Munich. Please save the date and join us for the fun and entertainment!

      Specially decorated tables will be reserved for beginning 6 p.m. in the Hippodrom tent. Beginning at 8 p.m. American entertainer Linda Jo Rizzo will launch a special show – a great mix of rock, pop and soul. Then at 10 p.m. there will be a fireworks display on the Frühlingsfest grounds. Please feel free to wear your Bavarian outfits and be sure to arrive by 7 p.m to get seats.  There will be no cover charge nor any advance payment for this evening: everyone pays for food and drink on a pay-as-you-go basis.

      Dave Dowdy (a member of the GABA and the AGBC) is setting up the event and will get as many seats as we need. It is very important to send me an E-mail (lschulzl@...) by Wednesday, 24th April if you and any accompanying friends are intending to join us.  We need to inform Dave by the 24th so that he can arrange the seating.

      I hope to see you at one of our upcoming AGBC monthly meetings and/or at the Bavarian American Friendship Day.

      Best regards,
      Larry

      Larry Schulz
      Member, GABA Munich Chapter
      President, Munich Chapter
      American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC)
      Poschinger Strasse 9
      D-81679 Munich, Germany
      Phone: 0049-89-985-984
      FAX: 0049-89-9810-9488