1003AGBC Events - 2014 Kick-Off on 11th February & Monthly Meeting on 26th February

  • lschulzl
    Feb 3, 2014

      Again this year members of GABA's Munich Chapter are most cordially invited to attend meetings of the Munich Chapter of the American-German Business Club e.V. (AGBC).

      AGBC 2014 Kick-Off Event - 11th February - Conti Bistro

      Our 2014 Kick-Off Event will be held Tuesday, February 11th at the Conti Bistro (www.conti-bistro.de), Max-Josef-Strasse 5 in the Haus der Bayrischen Wirtschaft.   Starting at 1900 hours, this is a rewarding opportunity for GABA members to join with our AGBC members and members of other Munich Area networking groups in getting the year off to a great start.    The atmosphere will be casual, the focus on networking - attendees can meet and discuss “topics of the day,” areas of mutual interest, and upcoming Munich networking community events while broadening their contact bases. This is a “pay what you consume” event. There is no cover charge. The Conti-Bistro will offer a special menu as well as their normal menu.  Please sign up in the Events section of our AGBC website:  www.agbc.de.
      AGBC February Monthly Meeting - 26th February - Marriott Hotel

      The Munich Chapter of the American German Business Club (AGBC) is hosting our next monthly meeting on Wednesday, 26th February at the Marriott Hotel, Berlinerstr 93 in north Schwabing. Our Guest Speaker, Prof Dr. Andreas Otterbach will lead a discussion on "Leading with Appreciation." Dr Otterbach is Professor for Business Administration and Management, Stuttgart Media University and Speaker and Trainer for Appreciative Leadership.

      Many studies tell us that the "silent termination" (“innere Kündigung”) is epidemic today in many companies. Dissatisfaction with the direct supervisor is a leading cause for employee termination, causing invisible but huge corporate and human losses. How does one motivate employees, team Members, colleagues, and even business partners and bosses to give top performance and enjoy work?

      Registration commences at 1830 hours.  We then start our monthly meetings at 1900 hours, and after club announcements, the Guest Speaker presents for about 30 minutes with 15 minutes of following Q&A.  Then we proceed to our buffet dinner and networking.  Some attendees stay until 2300, others depart somewhat earlier.  The meeting cost is Eur 25 for AGBC members and Eur 35 for Guests. These funds are used to pay the Marriott for the meeting room, buffet and one drink per attendee.  Please sign up in the Events section of our AGBC website:  www.agbc.de
      AGBC/GABA March Monthly Meeting - 26th March - Marriott Hotel

      Please save the date.  The topic will be technology -based.

      Best regards,

      Larry Schulz
      Member, GABA Munich Chapter
      President, Munich Chapter
      American German Business Club e.V. (AGBC)
      Poschinger Strasse 9
      D-81679 Munich, Germany
      Phone: 0049-89-985-984
      FAX: 0049-89-9810-9488