current oil for GAA engine?

  • Russ Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2013

      Gentlemen, We are seeking a current oil substitute for the GAA we are installing in #11965.  We are concerned that current oils will eat the sterling silver bearings and if no zinc is in the formula the cam bears will be compromised.  These motors have Sterling silver bearings and the oil will pit the bearings.

      The oil wholesaler’s technical representative was trying research paraffin based, chlorine free, zinc free current oils but no one has experience with sterling silver bearing pitting.  Any suggestion and advise would be appreciated.  Thanks Russ Morgan

      Russ Morgan

      1976 Seven Lakes Drive

      Loveland, Colorado 80538

      970-669-9099