Re: [G104] Re: Historic Sherman from TF Baum to be Preserved

    Message 1 of 8 , May 20, 2013
      At 04:55 14-5-2013 -0000, Dan wrote:
      >Hanno,
      >
      >Do you have pictures of TF Baum? My grandfather was a Staff Sargent on that
      raid. Also that leads to the story of him being captured. Just recently put
      some various info together and realized he was one of the chosen few for
      that fun run.... Thanks for any other leads for TF Baum

      Hello Dan,

      What I did was looking up pictures on the internet and in printed
      publications. Sorry, I did not document my search.

      Do you have After The Battle Magazine issue No. 91 on the Hammelburg Raid?

      *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
      PLEASE NOTE:
      this e-mail address will be phased out - please use <mcspool@...>
      *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
      Message 2 of 8 , May 20, 2013
        Dan, what is your Grandfather's name?

        I corresponded with someone about Target 25 a few years back.
        We may have had some language barrier issues, but IIRC, he said the rear tow
        lugs were shot off and no dataplate, etc.

        I've since seen the serial number stamped outside the dataplate frame on a
        few Chrysler built Shermans, so that might be a possibilty for finding it on
        Target 25.
        I would think that if the serial number is higher than the 58xxx range,
        chances would be pretty slim that it is a relic of TF Baum.