Re: Historic Sherman from TF Baum to be Preserved

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2013
      Hanno,

      Do you have pictures of TF Baum? My grandfather was a Staff Sargent on that raid. Also that leads to the story of him being captured. Just recently put some various info together and realized he was one of the chosen few for that fun run.... Thanks for any other leads for TF Baum

      Message 2 of 8 , May 20, 2013
        At 04:55 14-5-2013 -0000, Dan wrote:
        >Hanno,
        >
        >Do you have pictures of TF Baum? My grandfather was a Staff Sargent on that
        raid. Also that leads to the story of him being captured. Just recently put
        some various info together and realized he was one of the chosen few for
        that fun run.... Thanks for any other leads for TF Baum

        Hello Dan,

        What I did was looking up pictures on the internet and in printed
        publications. Sorry, I did not document my search.

        Do you have After The Battle Magazine issue No. 91 on the Hammelburg Raid?

        *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
        Message 3 of 8 , May 20, 2013
          Dan, what is your Grandfather's name?

          I corresponded with someone about Target 25 a few years back.
          We may have had some language barrier issues, but IIRC, he said the rear tow
          lugs were shot off and no dataplate, etc.

          I've since seen the serial number stamped outside the dataplate frame on a
          few Chrysler built Shermans, so that might be a possibilty for finding it on
          Target 25.
          I would think that if the serial number is higher than the 58xxx range,
          chances would be pretty slim that it is a relic of TF Baum.