RE: [G104] Re: Flamethrower Tanks and Doctrine in WWII Technology

  • Kip Lindberg
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 5, 2012
      Trent,

      Sorry- I just got to this email. We have several more images from this series of tests performed in Hawaii on the firehose adapter. They seem to have been taken on either 20 or 23 March 1945, as a demonstration for LTG Wilhelm D. Styer, C-in-C, US Forces, Western Pacific, and party.

      If you speak to Mr. Zaloga you might mention them.

      V/R,
      kip

      To: G104@yahoogroups.com
      From: trent_telenko@...
      Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:39:45 -0700
      Subject: Re: [G104] Re: Flamethrower Tanks and Doctrine in WWII Technology

      Joe,

      Steve Zaloga is putting together a WW2 American flame tank book for Osprey.

      Steve made a visit to the RG175 files at NARA and got a bunch of stuff on the Hawaii flame thrower group that put together the Iwo jima and Okinawa Sherman flame tanks.

      I think I have sent you the attached already, but FYI if not.