Need some help with G104 parts please

  • Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2012
      Cleared this with Hanno before asking, since it is only vaguely Sherman.

      I need some G104 bits please. These are not for use on a Sherman, but were standard fit on the G231 Iron Fireman Snow Tractor, like mine;

      http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t36.htm

      They seem to have cherry-picked from a range of Chrysler vehicles in 1944, including the Sherman. I have sources for most of them, but still need the following;

      G104-6208454 B208454 AC-1567470 SPEEDOMETER
      G104-6199959 B199959 AC-1500656 AMMETER
      G104-3142300 A297237 AC-1511252 ENGINE TEMPERATURE SENDER

      In addition I need an OIL GAGE. That wouldn't normally be a problem on a flathead six Dodge, but I the Iron Fireman had both ordinary and winterised vesions. In the winterisation kit the Iron Fireman a seems to have fitted a Sherman electric Oil Pressure Sender unit, so I need the matching gage. I do have numbers for it, but only the Iron Fireman and Chrysler numbers, G231-7088708 / CC-1088899

      There are about 35 G104 parts listed in the G231 Parts List, many of them small and insignificant, but if anyone on the list has an NOS boxed part with the G231 application printed on the box I'd be interested in buying one just as a shelf item. Many ¾ ton Dodge parts produced after 1944 might have this code as the T214 engine was pretty much a straight fit into the T-36

      Finally – what cold-weather ancillary heater did the G104 use? The Iron Fireman seems to have had a Perfection Stove SUPERFEX 458A with electric ignition ( not the SUPERFEX 452 as found on the Allis Chalmers M7, jeep, and Dodge ) If anyone out there has a SUPERFEX 458A on the shelf, please let me know.

      GORDON (AT) DODGE.ORG.UK