Re: M24 Serial Number info

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2011
      127 is my hull number. The data plates are gone except for a Norwegian rebuild plate that I cant read much of.

      USA 30112720 - so the 127 in this number is not reflective of the Reg. Correct?

      Yes my M24 DOES NOT have the cast flotation bladder / buldozer attachments.

      Also I have noted an early and late tell on the turrets. The antenna brackets on the latter tanks is a cast piece. On the early it is stamped steel. Also the early tanks have foot loops where the "flotation bladder" attachments go. But obviously the big brackets are an obvious. But..... I have been looking at a few pictures and they may have discontinued these little foot loops before they went to the big brackets. So there may be a way to tell from pictures the difference between the EARLY models if they were early or late in the series.

      Where on the drivers side did you note these numbers?

      Obviously my hull number and related is on the lower, front, passenger side on the outside of the hull. That is the only information I have. The data plates are gone and the paint is none existant so....

      So in theory USA 30112720 can be traced to find more info on the tank and its history. I gather that the tanks and there registation numbers were actually kept track of in field reports and such?

      THANKS!