Question for Hanno Serial No.of Lt. Bialecki's Sherman T-145501 Monte Cassino?

  • wroblew705
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2011
      Hello Hanno

      Earlier this year I posted questions regarding Lt. Bialecki's Sherman. The serial number had been quoted as T152523 as per correspondence between yourself and the Skorpion association back in the 80`s. At the time of my post you were out of town and could not answer but would get back. Could I repectfully ask your source and confirmation of this serial number?

      Regards
      Chris............
    • wroblew705

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2011
          Hello Chris,

          Thanks for the reminder. I have Lt. Bialecki's M4A2 Sherman of the 4th Polish Armoured Regiment on file as T145501.

          It was a Sherman supplied to the British MoS under S/M 1012, a batch of 10,000 medium tanks numbered T144891 - T154890. Reportedly, these were built Lima Locomotive Works, but photos of tanks from that batch show Sherman II, III and V, DD, ARV, BARV and Crabs, including a very early M4A1 and possibly some of the Sherman IV.

          I would have to dig up my correspondence between myself and the Skorpion association to explain where that census number T152523 came from. Most likely there was a mix up?

          Hope this helps,
          Hanno

          > --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, "wroblew705" <wroblew@> wrote:
          > Hello Hanno
          >
          > Earlier this year I posted questions regarding Lt. Bialecki's Sherman. The serial number had been quoted as T152523 as per correspondence between yourself and the Skorpion association back in the 80`s. At the time of my post you were out of town and could not answer but would get back. Could I repectfully ask your source and confirmation of this serial number?
          >
          > Regards

        • wroblew705
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2011
            Hello Hanno

            Thanks for the reply and hope you are enjoying Thanksgiving. If it's not too much of an inconvenience and when time permits could you at some point look up this correspondence? I know that Perry Rowe recently came back from Italy & Monte Cassino and could not find the census number on the monument.

            Thanks for your patience and best regards
            Chris.......