Fwd: did composite hull shermans serve in the ETO?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
      >From: "David R. Kullberg" <drkullberg@...>
      >To: "HL.Spoelstra@..." <HL.Spoelstra@...>
      >Subject: Sherman Register Subjects
      >Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:43:29 -0800
      >
      >I noticed on your sight for Fire flys in U.S. Service that one was a
      >compsite hull Sherman. The very distinctive cast front welded hull
      >rear. I am a new shermaholic and obsessed with them. Going through
      >chemo this has helped greatly. My brother bought me the Dragon M4
      >Normandy Sherman which I have been building and trying to do
      >appropiate field mods as seen in war time photos my wif just bought me
      >the Ner Dragon Composite hull PTO and it is an excellent kit. Did any
      >composite hull shermans other then fireflys serve in the ETO ?.
      >You web sight has been a trendious help in research thanks
      >David Kullberg
      >
      >Sent from my iPhone

    • Al Bowie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
        Many 75mm Armed COmposites served with both the US and British Forces in North West Europe. In the British Army they served mainly in 33rd Armoured Brigade but 8 AB had a few in early 45. The Firefly composites were in almost all commonwealth formations. In the US Army they were in a number of divisions including 6AD which had large hull numbers. Try the Zaloga Concord titles on US Armoured forces in France, Holland and Germany which have many pictures of these.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2011
          Al,

          Thanks for the reply, I forwarded it to David.