Re: [G104] Re: M4A2 engine and clutch synchronizing, Hull number vs Serial nu...

  • TANKBARRELL@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2011
      The M4A2 power pack uses, as already mentioned, two 671 diesels, each with its own clutch. When the clutches are engaged, both engines rotate at the same speed and drive a common output shaft from the gearcase.

      When the clutches are disengaged, each engine is free to run at its governed speed dependant on accelerator pedal position. If the engine idle speeds are not perfectly matched, it results in premature wear and a degree of extra strain on one or other clutch.

    • wroblew705
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2011
        Thanks for your patience Paul I may have other questions for you that your manual covers. TANKBARRELL thank you for that explanation, by chance do you have information on this assembly? If so could I respectfully impose upon you a scan of the engine/clutch operation and the adjustment procedures/images of the assembly?

        Chris........