Re: [G104] Fwd: Need help with the M4 serial numbers

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2011
      >Additional numbers as follow 070564 D 70583

      D70564 & D70563 are the part numbers of the right & left drivers' hood
      castings exclusive to the M4A4. So, even without seeing some pix, there's
      the ID of the type of Sherman.

      >to identify this particular tank as far as which manufacture made it and
      >when.

      M4A4s were made by Chrysler in 1942 & 43. He might be able to find the
      tank's serial number stamped into the front & rear tow lugs. If so, it would
      be possible to determine the month it was accepted.