Re: [G104] Searching for some Sherman Manual pages

  • rrunnersb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
      Please reply off line to rrunnersb@...  as i own a M4A176ME8 and probably provide some detailed color pictures. Jim

      -----Original Message-----
      From: tankmodeler <tankmodeler@...>
      To: G104 <G104@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm
      Subject: Re: [G104] Searching for some Sherman Manual pages

      John,

      First off, TM 9-731B is for the M4A2 and not the M4A1, and the page you quote is for the earlier 1942 edition of the manual of the plain 75mm M4A2, so the fire extinguisher installations may not be the same as the later M2A2E8 with the different interior stowage of the 76mm tanks. Beware!

      I do have the TM 9-731A for the M4 & M4A1, but this manual is also for the early M4A1s and was printed in 1942. It does not have an equivalent to the Fig 20 of the 731B manual. Your figure 24-1, if it is from an M4A1 manual, is from a later edition. It also might be from a shop overhaul manual and also may not be from an M4A1 at all.

      Not much help, I know, but it's all I have.   :)

      Paul

      Paul Roberts