Patton Museum gone

  • garryredmon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6 6:45 PM
      The Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor is no more as of today. By tomorrow, September 7, the walls will be up and the display areas covered from public view. Changes have been made to my Armor for the Ages web site that reflect the changes in the museum as it becomes the General George Patton Museum tomorrow. One addition to the web site is the General George Patton Museum Overview and Future Plans page that hopefully present the immediate changes and what the future holds for the museum.

      Armor for the Ages will continue to cover anything the museum volunteers are involved in and the changes in the new museum as its grows. We will continue to work on Cobra King, and any other vehicles, up until the time they are put on the trailer and hauled away.

      http://armorfortheages.com/

      Garry
    • karl van sweden
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7 6:28 AM
        Garry,

        A sad day for all historians and armor fans but one we will have to take. Hopefully the move will put some of the armor that has sat out for decades into an inside facility and all the hard work you and all the volonteers there have started will continue on all the tanks and armor vehicles at thier next destination/destinations.

        We can hope that the new museum will be a place of honor and that all the vehicles of the past will find a home that is safe and where they can be viewed and admired.

        Thanks to you and all the volonteers there for all your work and efforts, God bless you all.

        Karl Van Sweden.

        To: G104@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7 6:19 PM
          Thank you, Karl. Yes it is a very sad day. At least the volunteers will still be
          able to work on some of the vehicles at the motor pool and get them into as good
          a shape as possible before they are sent to Fort Benning. My immediate goal
          is for the volunteers to finish the cosmetic restoration of Cobra King befoe it
          goes.

          ________________________________

          From: garryredmon@...
          Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 01:45:23 +0000

          The Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor is no more as of today. By tomorrow,
          September 7, the walls will be up and the display areas covered from public
          view. Changes have been made to my Armor for the Ages web site that reflect the
          changes in the museum as it becomes the General George Patton Museum tomorrow.
          One addition to the web site is the General George Patton Museum Overview and
          Future Plans page that hopefully present the immediate changes and what the
          future holds for the museum.

          Armor for the Ages will continue to cover anything the museum volunteers are
          involved in and the changes in the new museum as its grows. We will continue to
          work on Cobra King, and any other vehicles, up until the time they are put on
          the trailer and hauled away.

          http://armorfortheages.com/

          Garry

          ------------------------------------

          **Please trim your replies**
          **Do not post in HTML or "Rich Text" mode**
          **Plain ASCII Text only please**
          **Attachments will be stripped**
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7 8:15 PM
            Garry, thanks for all the things you've done over the years to preserve the
            history!

            All the best,

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8 3:20 PM
              Keep at it and you guys will have Cobra King ready, you guys are doing a great job on it. I was able to see it a couple of times on my visits to the museum. Chun was my guide as he always is. Cobra king is one of my all time favorite Sherman tanks and I will one day build a model of it and try to get all the casting numbers and other odities of that one tank built into it.

              Karl.

              To: G104@yahoogroups.com