M4A3E8 at The 2010 WACO Military Experience - Troy Ohio

  • cavscout217
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2010
      The 2010 WACO Military Experience is almost here! And it is going to be bigger and better than last year!!!
      A couple of big changes this year will be a tactical demonstration area so we can have a couple of small "battles". Also the Sherman tank demos will be on the near side of the runway unlike last year when it was almost too far away. There will additional armor presence this year with the addition of a M5A1 Stuart tank and a V100 Commando armored car as well as last year's favorites, the M4A3E8 Sherman from the Allen County Historical Museum in Lima. Ohio and Tom Price's LVT 4, "Tom's Joy" that was featured in the movie FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS. We will have several small convoys into Troy throughout the weekend.
      There will be reenactors and living historians from several time periods from the French and Indian war through Vietnam . There will be firing demos of several weapon types such as the Revolutionary war era 6 pounder cannon, the Sherman tank's 76mm gun and various small arms.
      There will be more militaria vendors and militaria displays this year as well as stage presentations on various subjects throughout the weekend.
      Also new this year will be a vehicle pass in review.

      There will be a larger aircraft presence this year also and it looks like we are going to have at least 2 planes giving rides and one is an SNJ.

      ADMISSION PRICE DOES INCLUDE ENTRY INTO THE MUSEUM, UNLIKE LAST YEAR.

      http://www.wacomilitary.com/

      Show flyer http://www.wacoairmuseum.org/wme%20pic.jpg

      Pre registration is NOT required regardless what the brochure says, it is however recommended
      Please contact me for the complete schedule or any other questions

      Thanks,
      Mike Haines
      (937)773-5831
      mhaines75@...