Fwd: need Sherman infor for basic utility vehicle design

  • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15 11:40 PM
      All,

      Thanks,
      Hanno

      ------------------------- Oorspronkelijk bericht -------------------------
      Onderwerp: Sherman Encyclopedia
      Van: "Brown, Dustin Andrew" <brownda5@...>
      Datum: Di, 16 februari, 2010 7:18 am
      Aan: "HL.Spoelstra@..." <HL.Spoelstra@...>

      Hello,
      I am Dustin Brown and am a Mechanical Engineer at Miami University, and I
      am in desperate need to get some information on the Sherman tank. I am
      looking at the suspension in specific, if I am correct it uses a hortsmann
      type suspension and my goal it to modify it for a smaller vehicle. My
      senior design project is is going to be based on the basic utility vehicle
      concept, but with a specific application of a field hospital. The places
      where the vehicle lends it's self to treads as well as the fact that it
      must be able to tow and carry alot of weight. I was wondering if you could
      possibly give me a list of some books or resources about the sherman tank.
      If you know of a place in the Ohio valley area that has a working Sherman
      and does parades that would help me out alot too.
      Thank you
      Dustin Brown