Sherman Hull numbers and markings, for Ardennes units

  • jamesa652
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2010
      hello I'm new to this user forum, but am a modler interested in modeling my M4 Shermans after actual vehicles used during the Ardennes and later conflicts. I'm trying to locate the actual hull/serial numbers of some of these units, and hopefully pictures as well to allow me to build this model as close as possible. The model will be operational 1/16 full function one with the 105 and one with the T-23 turret w/76mm gun.

      Any information or direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'd like you comments and questions on our club web site/forum, it can be viewed here: www.detroittankcommand.com.

      thanks for your time and consideration in my request,

      Best regards,

      Jim
      jjackso5@...
    • J D Richards
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2010
        I'm interested in the same and especially individual 'nicknames' (if any)
        applied to the hull. Not interested for modelling but to try and record in
        a spreadsheet form for all types of tank. I'm finding it difficult to find
        this information. So, if I am finding it difficult now, how much more
        difficult will it be for researchers in (say) 20 years time if this info is
        not collated.

        John (in UK)

        > hello I'm new to this user forum, but am a modler interested in modeling
        > my M4 Shermans after actual vehicles used during the Ardennes and later
        > conflicts. I'm trying to locate the actual hull/serial numbers of some of
        > these units, and hopefully pictures as well to allow me to build this
        > model as close as possible. The model will be operational 1/16 full
        > function one with the 105 and one with the T-23 turret w/76mm gun.
        >
        > Any information or direction you could provide would be greatly
        > appreciated. I'd like you comments and questions on our club web
        > site/forum, it can be viewed here: www.detroittankcommand.com.
        >
        > thanks for your time and consideration in my request,
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Jim
        > jjackso5@...

        > **Please trim your replies**
        > **Do not post in HTML or "Rich Text" mode**
        > **Plain ASCII Text only please**
        > **Attachments will be stripped**

      • m2hbfred
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2010