Pricing Question

  • erdlator
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
      Hello,

      I wonder if anyone would care to hazard a guess as to the value of a completely restored instrument panel for an M4A2 Sherman. The panel has a full compliment of gages and switches. All of the gages work, and all of the lights and electrical connectors are present and functional. The exterior of the panel housing appears to be the original paint, with some minor scuffing and fading of some of the lettering. Your help and opinions are aprreciated.

      Jack
    • Russ Morgan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
        Jack, First of all, would you venture a guess of how many M4A2 Shermans
        still exist? How many of those run, How many of those need a dash? How
        many of those need a better dash? That will help you determine the price.

        I am shocked at the price on ebay that a periscope housing I need for my
        M4A3 went for so you can never tell the price if someone needs it.

        PS Who bought the periscope housing, and does anyone have any for sale.
        Thanks Russ Morgan M4A3E9 # 11965

      • spideytank@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
          Russ,

          Try the AAF Tank Museum.

          They have parts but are generally not in the business of selling parts but
          you never know. They do sell things such as old uniforms and such. Maybe
          they'd be willing to check their inventory for you.

          George
          **************Shop Inspiron, Studio and XPS Laptops at Dell.com
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222616459x1201464730/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.d
          oubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215218145%3B37264238%3Bd)