Lottery?

  • masternlover
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2009
      NO,I didn't win the Lottery but have the means to purchase a Sherman Tank that is restored as a decent runner and use in parades and for shows.
      I just missed a deal on a restored stewart tank.
      I just wanted know the value of a good running Sherman that is original and complete.
      If I wish to own one I have the means again to purchase one.
      Wanted to know if it is possible to go to another country and bring one back if found and have it restored or buy one that is restored in decent condition.
      Thank You-
    • Russ Morgan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2009
        Masternlover, before you buy or just missed one, you might be interested to
        know the M5 series was named after General J.E.B. Stuart. Good hunting
        overseas if you are in the United States. Please keep us informed on your
        hunt and maybe a name might be personable..Have Fun Russ Morgan

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
          NO, you can NOT import a Sherman tank into the USA. Federal law prohibits
          it. What's here is here, and there will never be any more brought back for
          private ownership. One or two were purchased by foreign buyers in the last year
          or so and shipped out of the country. Seems their value has risen overseas,
          too.

          Running Shermans seem to be going for between $250,000 and
          $350,000.....depending on condition.

          In a message dated 2/23/2009 10:14:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          masternlover@... writes:

          NO,I didn't win the Lottery but have the means to purchase a Sherman Tank
          that is restored as a decent runner and use in parades and for shows.
          I just missed a deal on a restored stewart tank.
          I just wanted know the value of a good running Sherman that is original and
          complete.
          If I wish to own one I have the means again to purchase one.
          Wanted to know if it is possible to go to another country and bring one back
          if found and have it restored or buy one that is restored in decent
          condition.
          Thank You-

          recession.
          (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000002)

        • Terry Warner
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
            Over on the AFV News forum there is an ongoing discussion of logging
            vehicles in British Columbia and the Pacific NorthWest, based on Sherman
            and M32 chassis. All have been heavily modified (almost beyond
            recognition) to salvage the running gear for drills, yarders and spar
            towers.

            A very lowball price for a might-be-good-for-parts crawler tractor
            mounted rock drill is about C$18k, all the way up to perfectly
            functional logging machinery for C$200k. The logging industry has just
            tanked (ny-uck, ny-uck, ny-uck) and there may be bargains. For the cost
            of a rolling chassis less the winches, etc you sell back to the vendor,
            and some materials you could make a VISMOD superstructure for a whole
            lot less than a show-winning Sherman.

            Over to you ...

            electbud@... wrote:

            > NO, you can NOT import a Sherman tank into the USA. Federal law
            > prohibits it. What's here is here, and there will never be any more
            > brought back for
            > private ownership. One or two were purchased by foreign buyers in the
            > last year or so and shipped out of the country. Seems their value has
            > risen overseas, too.
            >
            > Running Shermans seem to be going for between $250,000 and
            > $350,000.....depending on condition.
            >

            > In a message dated 2/23/2009 10:14:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > masternlover@... <mailto:masternlover%40yahoo.com> writes:
            >
            > NO,I didn't win the Lottery but have the means to purchase a Sherman Tank
            > that is restored as a decent runner and use in parades and for shows.
            > I just missed a deal on a restored stewart tank.
            > I just wanted know the value of a good running Sherman that is
            > original and
            > complete.
            > If I wish to own one I have the means again to purchase one.
            > Wanted to know if it is possible to go to another country and bring
            > one back
            > if found and have it restored or buy one that is restored in decent
            > condition.
            > Thank You-
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/G104/message/8306;_ylc=X3oDMTMzdTRpamNrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE2ODQyMgRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNTk1MjkEbXNnSWQDODMyMARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMzYwNDE5MzUEdHBjSWQDODMwNg-->

          • bob7bob78
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
              If that is the case how did Jacques Littlefield manage to buy a
              Churchill Toad and pay for it's restoration in the UK? I
              believe it was being shipped out to the USA around May last year. It was on our national news.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
                Believe it or not you CAN import foreign-produced armor into the USA.
                German Panther....no problem. Soviet T-34.....no problem. British Churchill.....no
                problem. American Sherman ? NO WAY ! (This isn't supposed to make sense,
                it's the government !)

                --- In _G104@yahoogroups.G10_ (mailto:G104@yahoogroups.com) , electbud@...

                (_http://jobs.http://jobs.<WBRhttp://jobs.http://jobshttp://jobs.<WBRhttp://jo_