"New" Sherman in QP

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2008
      Alf Adams recently "discovered" a Waymarking site about military hardware on display.

      http://www.waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx?f=1&guid=c41ee554-65d9-4804-b5d7-c37cafdebc84

      It has this entry...

      M4A2(76)HVSS Stanstead Royal Canadian Legion #5 S/N 65029 N 45° 01.152 W 072° 05.659

      That's a new one to me. It looks like they have welded the dataplate from inside somewhere on the outside of the tank? Don't think I've ever seen that before. It's on my "Life List" to visit all the surviving Shermans/variants in the US & Canada. I'm sure I went right by Stanstead on my way from Island Pond Vt to Sherbrooke, QP, but regret that I was not aware of it. The "Northeast Kingdom" of Vermont & lower Quebec is very nice Fall foliage country. Anyone who's interested could probably do a combo foliage / Sherman spotting trip of Island Pond - Stanstead - Sherbrooke in a (long) day.

      M4A2(75)VVSS direct vision Sherbrooke Champs de Mars (Park) "The Bomb" T-152656

      M4A3(75)VVSS direct vision Island Pond American Legion Brighton Post 80 Railroad St. S/N 2846 N 44° 48.919 W 071° 52.979