Re: New membership

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007
      At 22:08 2-12-2007 +1100, you wrote:
      >Hi Hanno, I am a keen modeller and amatuer Historian with an interst in the
      Sherman Family. My main field of interest is Brit & Commonwealth formations
      (Including Polish) and in particular NWE 44-45. My most favoured Shermans
      are the M4A2 and the M4 Hybrid. My association goes back to 1980 when as
      young Army Apprentices we painted the gate gaurdian at the Officer Candidate
      School Pink, it was Australias one and only M4 Composite and it now resides
      in the RAAC Museum at Puckapunyal.
      >During my twenty years in the Army I mainly worked supporting Armour and
      drove/commanded the 113 support variants in Cavalry and Field Wksps
      including being a troop commander.
      >I used to think I was quite knowledgeable on most things Sherman but I am
      now quite aware how lacking my knowledge is.
      >I have a good knowledge of British Formations that used the Sherman and
      provided input and guidance to Dennis Oliver with his British Sherman &
      British Tanks in Sicily and Italy for Concord. I have recently returned to
      reviewing kits for Missing Lynx after a long (family inspired) absence.
      >I hope to be a valued contributer here if you grant me membership.
      >Regards
      >Al

      Hi Al,

      Welcome to the G104 mailing list!