Re: [G104] new G104 member

  • Tankmodeler
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2007
      Hanno Spoelstra wrote:

      > >Email address: ferlady44 <ferlady@...
      > <mailto:ferlady%40pacbell.net>>
      > >
      > >Comment from user:
      > >My husband and I are arguing about what the armor on the M4 Aherman tank
      > >was made of. Please answer this for us and put an end to our discord.
      > >J Burden

      Ms. Burden,

      I hope this answer restores harmony to the Burden household.

      All versions of the Sherman series of tanks were made from homogeneous
      steel armour. The upper hull armour of the M4A1 version was of a single
      cast piece, giving it a rounded appearance while the armour of the other
      models was of both rolled plates and cast sub components that were
      welded together giving an angular appearance. If there are any other
      questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

      Paul Roberts
      Editor, Boresight
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2008
        >The following person would like to join the G104 group:
        >Email address: audirallyfan <billbeadling@...>
        >
        >Comment from user:
        >I am a WWII reenactor and a local veteran's park committee and we have a
        >M4A3(75mm) wet Sherman Tank that we
        >have been given by the US Army that we are restoring for our park

        > I would like to join you website, since I am in the process of restoring a
        WWII Sherman that will be placed in a veteran's park in out local township.