Re: M4 dry stowage ammo stowage. 97 or 85 rounds?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2007
      It looks like 85.

      I've got the MWO Joe mentioned (6 Mar 44) and it doesn't say anything
      specifically about removing ammo racks. The ammo racks on the hull and
      turret basket floors were armored like the hull racks.

      Moving the right floor ration bin to the left front sponson in place of
      the 15 rnd box and adding a 23 rnd box were described in the "Quick
      Fix" OCM (6 Oct 43) but weren't part of the actual work order.

      BTW, the ammo storage that was lost was individual round clips along
      the walls of the turret basket. The basket floor bin was retained.

      HTH,
      KL