Hanno????

  • jonboy2932
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      How does a person email you Hanno?? I'm looking for a couple parts and
      wondering if you may help?? Thanks!!
      Kevin
    • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        Op Vr, 1 juni, 2007 11:21 pm schreef jonboy2932:
        > How does a person email you Hanno?? I'm looking for a couple parts and
        > wondering if you may help?? Thanks!! Kevin

        Hi Kevin,

        You can reach me through this mailing list. I'm sorry, but I do not have
        any Sherman tank parts for sale.
        Was it you who asked about my Sherman restoration? You must have confused
        me with someone else as I have only restored a Ram tank to static
        condition:
        http://www.mapleleafup.org/vehicles/restorations/restore7.html

      • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
          COOPER, BELTON YOUNGBLOOD, age 89, of Birmingham, died May 26, 2007. He
          was born in Huntsville, Alabama on October 4, 1917, son of the late Jimmie
          Lou Youngblood Cooper and George Price Cooper, Jr. Mr. Cooper grew up in
          Huntsville and attended the Virginia Military Institute and the University
          of Michigan. During World War II, he served as an Ordnance Liaison Officer
          with the 3rd Armored Division, and was awarded 5 Campaign battle stars, a
          Distinguished Unit Citation, the Belgian Fourragere and the Bronze Star
          Medal. His experiences in the European theater were the subject of his
          1998 book "Death Traps: The Survival of an American Armored Division in
          World War II". After the war, he completed his studies at the University
          of Michigan with a degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. He
          moved to Birmingham to work for Ingalls Shipbuilding Company. He also
          worked for U.S. Pipe & Foundry Company for over 20 years, and for 33 years
          was President of the Herman Williams Company, Inc. Throughout his career,
          Mr. Cooper was active in the civic life of his community. As Chairman of
          the Education Committee of the Alabama Society Professional Engineers, he
          assisted in the establishment of the 4-year engineering college at UAB. He
          used his involvement with the National Society of Professional Engineers
          to play an influential role in the creation of the civilian space agency
          NASA. He was actively involved in the Redstone Club and the Birmingham
          Chapter of the Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge. He was a member of St.
          Mary's-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church, where he taught Sunday school
          for 42 years. Survivors include his wife of 57 years, Rebecca Bowers
          Cooper; his sons Belton Cooper Jr. and his wife Debra; Lloyd Cooper and
          his wife Jane; Spencer Cooper and his wife Heather; and his grandsons,
          Maxwell and Graham, all of Birmingham. His brother Lawrence Cooper of
          Birmingham also survives him. Services will be held on Saturday, June 2,
          2007 at 11:00AM at St. Mary's-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church. The
          family will receive friends prior to the service at the church at 10:00AM.
          Graveside service to follow at Elmwood Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, the
          family respectfully requests any memorial gifts be made to the Belton Y.
          Cooper Endowed Lecture Series in the Department of History at the
          University of Alabama at Birmingham, UAB Development Office, HB 302, 1530
          3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, Alabama 35294-1260. Services are under the
          direction of Ridout's Valley Chapel (205.879.3401) in Homewood.