Upcoming Special Tour at Aberdeen

  • Bob Smart
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
      Just a quick reminder of the tour of the Belair Street Storage yard at
      Aberdeen for the upcoming AMPS weekend. I have two tours set up at 10 AM
      and 2 PM on Saturday April 21. I just sent out confirmations to the folks
      that have already signed up. There is still space for anyone who wants to
      join us. This yard is usually locked up and thi is the first time I know
      of that it has been opened for a general tour. Some of the vehicles in the
      yard are the M12 GMC, DD Sherman with HVSS, The RDF tank, The Pz IIIM
      (short barrelled 75mm gun), DIVAD, and other vehicles.

      If you are interested please send me an email to 'tanktour (at) monocacy.com'

      Bob Smart (bsmart@...)
    • AMPSOne@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 11:40 AM
        Bob,

        Good idea! But are you also going to have someone supervise a tour of Bldg
        4538, the warehouse where all of the restored items are being kept?

        Cookie Sewell

      • Bob Smart
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 4:53 PM
          At 02:40 PM 4/1/2007 EDT, you wrote:
          > Bob,
          >
          > Good idea! But are you also going to have someone supervise a tour of Bldg
          > 4538, the warehouse where all of the restored items are being kept?
          >
          > Cookie Sewell

          I figure we will stop by the warehouse after each of the yard tours. The
          warehouse is on my 'regular tour' and we have access for that all year
          long. I was really trying to get something that hasn't been available in a
          long time (if ever)

          Bob

          P.S. I wouldn't turn down help, so far I have Neil Baumgardner slated
          (drafted) to help