new G104 member

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2007

    • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2007
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 30, 2007

        • tankland@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 30, 2007
            the Shearman tank model you have has the engine sounds from my tank at my
            museum its on the box
            _http://members.aol.com/tankland/museum.htm_
            (http://members.aol.com/tankland/museum.htm)
            Craig Michelson

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 27, 2007
              >The following person would like to join the G104 group:
              >Email address: ferlady44 <ferlady@...>
              >
              >Comment from user:
              >My husband and I are arguing about what the armor on the M4 Aherman tank
              >was made of. Please answer this for us and put an end to our discord.
              >J Burden
            • Tankmodeler
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2007
                Hanno Spoelstra wrote:

                > >Email address: ferlady44 <ferlady@...
                > <mailto:ferlady%40pacbell.net>>
                > >
                > >Comment from user:
                > >My husband and I are arguing about what the armor on the M4 Aherman tank
                > >was made of. Please answer this for us and put an end to our discord.
                > >J Burden

                Ms. Burden,

                I hope this answer restores harmony to the Burden household.

                All versions of the Sherman series of tanks were made from homogeneous
                steel armour. The upper hull armour of the M4A1 version was of a single
                cast piece, giving it a rounded appearance while the armour of the other
                models was of both rolled plates and cast sub components that were
                welded together giving an angular appearance. If there are any other
                questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

                Paul Roberts
                Editor, Boresight
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 21, 2008
                  >The following person would like to join the G104 group:
                  >Email address: audirallyfan <billbeadling@...>
                  >
                  >Comment from user:
                  >I am a WWII reenactor and a local veteran's park committee and we have a
                  >M4A3(75mm) wet Sherman Tank that we
                  >have been given by the US Army that we are restoring for our park

                  > I would like to join you website, since I am in the process of restoring a
                  WWII Sherman that will be placed in a veteran's park in out local township.