Sherman Wet Interior Question

  • David Christensen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2007
      Does anyone know what was stored in the floor compartment directly
      behind the driver's seat? In a 76mm wet the back of the compartment is
      angled to make room for the shell holders. I think I read ammunition,
      but what kind? Or, since it was convenient, was it used for other
      things?

      Thanks!

      Dave
    • fons paulussen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2007
        normaly there is call .50 or call.30 ammo stored behind the driverseat.atleast in my m4a4
        fons

        David Christensen <dnchrist1@...> wrote: Does anyone know what was stored in the floor compartment directly

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2007
          Just small stowage stuff

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2007
            TM 9-759 Medium Tank M4A3 February 18, 1943
            page 39 shows:

            Cal. .30-4500 Rounds
            Under Turret Basket

            And a smaller box on top of that
            shows:

            Cal. .30-250 Rounds

            These are shown just behind the driver seat.

            --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, rrunnersb@... wrote:

            > Just small stowage stuff

          • David Christensen
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 31, 2007
              Thanks, everyone for the info!!

              Dave

            • mytank60@wmconnect.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
                Hello I hope I am not out of line here. If it is ok Robert told me a story
                once about compartments in the Sherman tank. Please advise I will relate his
                telling.
                Linda Dick

              • David Christensen
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
                  I'm curious!

                  Dave

                  --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, mytank60@... wrote:

                  > Hello I hope I am not out of line here. If it is ok Robert told me
                  a story
                  > once about compartments in the Sherman tank. Please advise I will
                  relate his
                  > telling.
                  > Linda Dick

                • Chris Hughes
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
                    Hi Linda,
                    Please do. I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing it.

                    Best regards,
                    Chris "toadman"Hughes
                    http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com

                    >From: mytank60@...
                    >To: G104@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [G104] Sherman Wet Interior Question
                    >Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:43:11 EST
                    >
                    >Hello I hope I am not out of line here. If it is ok Robert told me a
                    >story
                    >once about compartments in the Sherman tank. Please advise I will relate
                    >his
                    >telling.
                    > Linda Dick

                    Spaces