Re: M-31 walk around pictures

  • petruspulcheruk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
      Many many thanks, this is the best photographic reference about the T2 I never seen.
      I planned to build a model in 1/72 starting from the Mirage M3 Lee and now I'm really
      happy to have a very good reference.

      Pietro

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi Pietro
        Remember the engine deck is a post war revised version
        made in this country.
        KH
        --- petruspulcheruk <petruspulcheruk@...>
        wrote:

        > Many many thanks, this is the best photographic
        > reference about the T2 I never seen.
        > I planned to build a model in 1/72 starting from the
        > Mirage M3 Lee and now I'm really
        > happy to have a very good reference.
        >
        > Pietro
        >
        > --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, pfarr karl-heinz
        > <stahlgewitter33@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Here my pictures of the in Argentina used T2.
        > >
        > > Part1
        > >
        > > http://news.webshots.com/album/556690119bcGNyy
        > >
        > > Part 2
        > >
        > > http://news.webshots.com/album/556689631RfUgws
        > >
        > > Enjoy
        > > Just ordered my Legend conversion last week and
        > was
        > > told that we had two T2 in Argentina.
        > > Soon a Sherman repotenciado Walk around.
        > > Happy 2007!
        > > TO ALL
        > > KH

        > protection around
        > > http://mail.yahoo.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Ray Merriam
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
          For those interested in the wartime history of this vehicle my old "WW2
          Journal" magazine ran, in the Vol. 2 No. 4 issue (Jul-Aug 1975) an article
          by Bill Auerbach which included 14 photos (contemporary photos as well as
          photos from the manual for this vehicle). That issue has long been out of
          print (we sold out almost as soon as it was published and I have only my own
          copy of it).

          I can provide a PDF file of the article on a CD disc for $2.50 to cover
          costs, including packing and postage. In the following issue, Vol. 2 Number
          5/6 (a double issue as I fell behind that fall when my regular job turned
          into 60+ hours a week marathons), there was a pictorial article on the
          bridge layer conversion of this vehicle, produced in Italy for crossing
          anti-tank ditches and such. This was a local conversion and would make a
          nifty model for those willing to tackle it. I will include a copy of that
          article as well in the PDF.

          I do plan to include these articles in a future issue of my new "World War
          II Archives" series which is issued as PDF files on a CD disc. These will be
          completely new versions of the article, same text and the same photos, plus
          a few extra photos we didn't have room for in the magazine at the time.
          Check out my web site for the listings of the contents for the first two
          issues now available, which include on each disc over 600 MBs of material in
          dozens of articles and hundreds of photos:

          http://www.merriam-press.com/journal/archives.htm

          Ray

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
            Ray
            I am interested in a copy.Do you take Payal?
            Do you have more argentine sherman pictures?Specialy
            period ones are rare to get here.
            Thanks
            KH

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • petruspulcheruk
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
              Hi KH, yes I saw that, it has been rebuilt to accomodate a Ford engine.
              It looks that it was originally fitted with the Continental Radial engine from the shape of
              the back upper plate before the addition, but it sounds strange it is without side doors at
              all. Nothing to surprise if it was a very late production M3A5 completed as M31 with radial
              engine for the US army. Do you know anything about its history?

              Pietro

              --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, pfarr karl-heinz <stahlgewitter33@...> wrote:

              > Hi Pietro
              > Remember the engine deck is a post war revised version
              > made in this country.
              > KH
            • Gorka Martinez Mezo
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
                The Argetineans upgraded a number of Shermans with Poyaud 520 diesel engines in the 70s. Unfortunatley, I hasn`t been able to confirm if any support Sherman was thus upgraded.

                The few M7 available weren`t, as far as I know.

                Gorka
                -------- Original-Nachricht --------
                Datum: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:14:44 -0000
                Von: "petruspulcheruk" <petruspulcheruk@...>
                An: G104@yahoogroups.com
                Betreff: [G104] Re: M-31 walk around pictures

                > Hi KH, yes I saw that, it has been rebuilt to accomodate a Ford engine.
                > It looks that it was originally fitted with the Continental Radial engine
                > from the shape of
                > the back upper plate before the addition, but it sounds strange it is
                > without side doors at
                > all. Nothing to surprise if it was a very late production M3A5 completed
                > as M31 with radial
                > engine for the US army. Do you know anything about its history?
                >
                > Pietro
              • Ray Merriam
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
                  Yes, I do accept Paypal. To pay into my Paypal account, you have to use my
                  business email address:

                  ray@...

                  Just mention "M31 TRV Articles" as the item you are ordering.

                  Sincerely,

                  Ray Merriam
                  Owner
                  Merriam Press