Shermans in Florida

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      Neil B. has a registry of surviving historic AFVs in the US.
      Here's a list of Shermans I know of in Florida.

      M4A1(76)HVSS Camp Blanding near Starke at Museum
      M4E9 Crestveiw AmVets Post 35, 105 John King Rd
      M4E9 Eglin AFB Monument on base
      M4E9 Fort Walton Beach American Legion Post 235
      M4A3(75)VVSS (DV) Live Oak NG Post, I10 / I75 intersection
      M4A1(76)HVSS Naples Collier County Museum
      M4A3(75)W VVSS Ocala 153 Cav. FNG Armory S/N 62075

      Anyone know of anymore?

      Surviving M4s are kind of rare & seem to be concentrated in the South. The M4E9 at Eglin AFB was a "new" one to me. Last March, I was talking to the gents at the Crestview Post about their Sherman, & one of the guys mentioned the monument at Eglin, & offered to escort me down there, since he works there, & the base is closed to civilians. Charles Lemons at the Patton Museum said he saw a couple M74s & one or two M4E9s at Eglin in a "Storage area on the north side of base," so there may be a few others there.

    • Noxaf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
        I know there are a few in Oregon and Idaho..............

      • Todd Hemphill
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
          Thanks so much for the information!

          Todd