Deflector at the rear of an M7B2

  • Michel van Loon
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      If have a question about the deflector off a M7B2, al the Priests I
      have seen have a two piece deflector ( like the one my Dutch
      colleagues are restoring http://www.priestm7b1.nl/ and
      http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/m7b58.jpg) only the one we are
      restoring and this one (http://battletanks.com/images/M7B1_Priest-
      2.jpg) has a one piece deflector. Can someone clear this out for me?

      Some additional information about the serial numbers op a M7B2, we
      found the number is stamped on the front, above the first bolt on the
      right of the differential housing.
    • binder5295
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
        I wouldn't be surprised to see the two-piece deflector on almost all
        (or all) M7B2s, as these were postwar rebuilds that raised the howitzer
        mount for incresaed elevation. Since these were reworked vehicles they
        probably had late features added.

        Gary Binder