Re: posts on the yahoogroup: Please remove previous replies

  • David Christensen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
      I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do the outside host thing. Because
      of attachmnents, I have these posts forwarded to my hotmail account,
      so that I don't miss any photos that were attached.

      Dave

      > Yes, I said the Photos area, as we now can ~all~ view the
      > photos in their full posted resolution. Please remember we
      > still have a 30 meg limit, so if you have lots of images
      > to show, please use an outside host like www.ImageShack.us
      > or one of the others.
      >
      > Respectfully,
      > WhiteWolf
      > Sherman Modellers.

    • Ray Merriam
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
        Normally I will trim EVERYTHING but that part of the message that I am responding to. Most threads are finished with in a few days and despite the fact that I am slowly losing my memory due to advancing age (55 in a few months!), along with my failing eyesight, and seemingly everything else, I can usually recall enough of previous messages in a thread to follow new posts. And if I can't, it probably wasn't all that important to begin with...

        One problem I have is those who don't sign their posts at all or use only a first name, especially when more than one person has the same first name (even if spelled differently). Some members have unique writing styles and it's easy to separate them from the rest of the group if they only use a first name. Plus, I have always had a problem with people's names - especially in phone calls, where if the person calling me says their name it literally goes in one ear and out the other.

        Sincerely,

        Ray Merriam
        Owner
        Merriam Press
        World War II military history publisher
        218 Beech Street
        Bennington VT 05201 USA

        Phone: 802-447-0313
        E-mail: ray@...
        Web site: http://www.merriam-press.com

        My 2 cents -

        I've found them easier to read if only the messasge being replied to
        was included in the post. Result is not very long, and it's easy to
        keep the topic together. I find it hard to relate the post that was
        replied to if only the single post is shown. Some threads loose
        sight of the original topic early on.

        Dave

      • Ray Merriam

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
            Gosh I wish I was 55 :>) I'm 59. I belong to several groups (17)
            and have trouble remembering the thread without a part of the post
            that was responded to, especially if I get real busy, have 20 or so
            unread in each group, and then try to go through them quickly.

            Dave

            e--- In G104@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Merriam" <raymond.merriam@v...>